For those that know me you know that I love hugging, this video touched me since they are giving free hugs to anyone who wants one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=hN8CKwdosjE

Don't you feel better after someone gave you a hug? I know I sure do. I find its a sign of affection and approval.

So to all of you from me hugs and kisses(kisses are for the girls only).

• Like 8

Hallelujah! T'storm that video was heart warming! I'm the same I enjoy the hugs too!

Guest S***e

In this day and age of self-absorbed people, it's always refreshing to come across those who possess genuine warmth, caring and affection for others. I found myself in a situation just yesterday at a medical centre where the woman seated near me was in distress and was clearly suffering. I extended my hand to her and she then moved next to me. Her body language changed and she rested her head on my shoulder where she remained quietly until she was called in. We exchanged no words and she hugged me before standing. I hope she will be okay. I used to volunteer in a cancer clinic many years ago and some people used to show up there for their appointments alone and not feeling the best physically or emotionally. Holding a person's hand, giving them a shoulder or providing them with a hug as comfort goes a long way.

I've seen this video before and knowing my close friends of Italian heritage hugs are most commonplace irrespective of gender or orientation which is something I really like.

Spike

I must be in my male-stration time......that brought tears to my eyes.......touching.

if we could only do this more.

on a lighter side...the father with the kid onhis shoulders....2:24 into it.......got some nice boobs in his face........:boobies:

I'm a big beliver in hugs as you know T...a good strong hug can say so much and make people feel better if only for a moment. big hugs everyone! Thanks for the video T...beautiful..

There's a group of people in almost every large city that does Free Hug events. I did one here in Ottawa a couple years ago. It was great!

Posted via Mobile Device

For those that know me you know that I love hugging' date=' this video touched me since they are giving free hugs to anyone who wants one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=hN8CKwdosjE

Don't you feel better after someone gave you a hug? I know I sure do. I find its a sign of affection and approval.

So to all of you from me hugs and kisses(kisses are for the girls only).

Damn T !

Good one.......

Time for a team hug.........

Great video T'storm. Thanks for posting it. I share the love of hugging T'storm. There is so much pleasure and good feeling to give and receive love and affection at the same time. I absolutely love hugging and kissing of ladies more than life itself.

The brunettes in the video were so cute. Love to hug them at any time lol.

Blubbering, weepy, suck here!

Okay suck where?:mrgreen::twisted: just kidding you have a soft heart.I just could resist,plus I do like to with you;-)

Like I said, I've personally participated in a Free Hug campaign in Ottawa. And they happen major cities everywhere - including NYC. Just because we live in a cold, impersonal society doesn't mean people don't rise to the occasion when it's provided.

And on a side note, on a basic societal level, Americans aren't a whole lot different from Canadians. The average person is indistinguishable. They love hugs as much as everyone else. And Europeans - as a rule - are more advanced in their society than we are. But most European nations have something we don't have - centuries more experience. And the rich cultural learnings and wisdom that comes with being an "old" nation. North America is still in it's infancy compared to many other countries and we are a culture of non-culture, which is precisely why our culture on the world stage is often defined in terms of capitalism and consumerism. We will eventually become more liberal-minded as a whole, but these things take time, as all evoluntionary processes do.

Posted via Mobile Device

Like I said, I've personally participated in a Free Hug campaign in Ottawa. And they happen major cities everywhere - including NYC. Just because we live in a cold, impersonal society doesn't mean people don't rise to the occasion when it's provided.

And on a side note, on a basic societal level, Americans aren't a whole lot different from Canadians. The average person is indistinguishable. They love hugs as much as everyone else.

Posted via Mobile Device

Imo and from personal experience, some cities tend to be more personable than others and it would be interesting to see how people would react.

They should do one in NYC and put it on youtube unless there is a video like this that exisits.

Why YouTube? To prove that humans are the same and have the same needs and desires and simple joys as any other human, regardless of location, creed, or race? Now that is a strange concept.

Posted via Mobile Device

Why YouTube? To prove that humans are the same and have the same needs and desires and simple joys as any other human, regardless of location, creed, or race? Now that is a strange concept.

Posted via Mobile Device

I'm not here to debate this issue but while we're on the subject, youtube is a tool used to share creative ideas among society- including people showing videos of people hugging complete strangers. Whether or not youtube is considered a strange concept, that is your opinion but I think it's a good one in some weird way to bring us all together.

True but you've already indicated fairly clearly an unwillingness to believe that New Yorkers would be as open to hugs as others. As I said - we're all human and we really are all the same when it comes time to basic human needs. The fact someone would need proof of this is what I find strange. And slightly prejudiced.

Posted via Mobile Device

I charge $8 for hugs, I blame it on capitalism... and alimony.

Guest S***e

A big "cyber hug" to you Meg is all I can offer right now!

Hugz,

Spike

Right now I could use a hug; from a friend, an acquaintance or even a complete stranger!

Don't forget to add the HST!

Posted via Mobile Device

Damn Lindsay!!!! Now I am going to have to doctor the books and claim that I have only been offering $9.20 hugs since July 21st!!! If you want to book, I will be standing on Metcalfe and Laurier between Pigeon Hobo and Cigarette Butt lady....

A big "cyber hug" to you Meg is all I can offer right now!

Hugz,

Spike

Awe shucks, thanks Spike! I feel better already!

True but you've already indicated fairly clearly an unwillingness to believe that New Yorkers would be as open to hugs as others. As I said - we're all human and we really are all the same when it comes time to basic human needs. The fact someone would need proof of this is what I find strange. And slightly prejudiced.

Posted via Mobile Device

Like I said I don't wish to debate the issue ( having experienced the coldness of New Yorkers) and feel that is my opinion as we are all entitled to one. If that makes me 'prejudiced' so be it.

Right now I could use a hug; from a friend, an acquaintance or even a complete stranger!

Hugs Meg! A very long hug!:wink: