As far as I know Amelia, on this site there is no longer a privacy function.

If on Gmail and think other email accounts, you can mark as spam and will send email there so you don't have to look at it.

Hope this helps? If not, others will chime in.

• Like 1

Go to the other user's profile, and look at the menu bar just under their name. You'll see an option called "User lists". Click this, and you'll get three options, one of which is "ignore user". That means you won't see their posts and they can't PM you (I think), but I'm not sure what it means for their ability to see your profile/posts.

• Like 1

Go to the other user's profile, and look at the menu bar just under their name. You'll see an option called "User lists". Click this, and you'll get three options, one of which is "ignore user". That means you won't see their posts and they can't PM you (I think), but I'm not sure what it means for their ability to see your profile/posts.

Ya the ignore list only means YOU cant see them, not the other way around:( I tried it and turns out it only block me from seeing their posts, but they can see mine ( profile too)

Sadly we did have this option but people were abusing it.

• Like 3

Pm the mod if it's harassment or something else inappropriate. I'm sure the mod would want to know because if someone is misbehaving or acting inappropriately they may to others as well. Best of luck.

• Like 2

I recently inquired about this -blocking certain members so I wouldn't receive PMs from them- and unfortunately, this function is not available. Even if they are on your ignore list, they can still send you a PM.

"Member name is on your ignore list view message" will replace the subject title with their board handle under it.

It would be nice if this function was available to prevent unwanted communication from reaching your PM inbox and not have to resort to Mod (if need be) to deal with some of the less than pleasant PMs.

• Like 5

I recently inquired about this -blocking certain members so I wouldn't receive PMs from them- and unfortunately, this function is not available. Even if they are on your ignore list, they can still send you a PM.

"Member name is on your ignore list view message" will replace the subject title with their board handle under it.

It would be nice if this function was available to prevent unwanted communication from reaching your PM inbox and not have to resort to Mod (if need be) to deal with some of the less than pleasant PMs.

I agree:) when and if I receive "tasteless" pm's from those who are on my ignore list I simply ignore them, they aren't read and are deleted promptly. That's a simple solution:) Those who you ignore however you couldn't or shouldn't want to comment to either;)

• Like 2

I agree:) when and if I receive "tasteless" pm's from those who are on my ignore list I simply ignore them, they aren't read and are deleted promptly.

You can report PMs in much the same way that you report posts. Perhaps it'd be worth doing so, and then maybe troublesome members can be warned off, and if they don't improve they might feel the gentle caress of Mod's Banhammer....

• Like 3