CERB Social Meeting in Halifax, NS

I think it would be great to have a CERB Social organized for Halifax. For those of you who are unaware, these events occur on a regular basis through a board in Toronto that I am a member of. Believe it or not, I've never had the opportunity to attend since my vacations never coincided. Once, one of my favorite SP's organized a bash of her own - She invited me to come, but the party was THE DAY AFTER I was scheduled to fly back to Halifax! Of all the rotten luck.

I digress... in any case, a social event would be a great way for the ladies and gents to mingle, get to know one another and make a few new friends. I'm up for it! :-D

Guest W***ledi*Time

Cerb members do this in Ottawa. One of the more recent Ottawa gatherings:

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29047

The idea may well be worth exploring for HRM. Fun is worth encouraging! I confess to being a fence-sitter, though ... for me, much would depend on the specific details and level of discretion.

(p.s. This inquiry might hit its target audience better if it were posted in the East Coast forums.)

Good idea, WIT. Perhaps either the mod or the OP can move it to the east coast section.

Btw... I nominate Emma and Amelia to be the official organizers of our little shin dig. Of course, if Amelia is a bit tired due to over exertion from her recent road trip, she can always delegate the work to one of her clones! *lol* :-P

Guest W***ledi*Time

ha ha ... whoa there doc! Let's not be too eager to steal Lexy's thunder. Surely Lexy has first dibs on organizing, and on bringing her own idea to fruition!

Lexy I agree, a Cerb member meeting is a good idea and I would certainly be up for making the trip to Halifax to attend. Schedule permitting of course...

ha ha ... whoa there doc! Let's not be too eager to steal Lexy's thunder. Surely Lexy has first dibs on organizing, and on bringing her own idea to fruition!

You're right, WIT. Perhaps I was jumping the gun a bit in my excitement. What I meant to say is that it may be too much of an undertaking for one individual, especially since it hasn't been done before here in Halifax. If people are serious enough to make such an event a reality, I'd like to suggest to Lexy that having a group of ladies / gents assisting her may make things a bit easier!

I was just reading this thread & was thinking it would be great to attend one of these meetings as I have missed the ones in Ottawa & am going to be visiting my home town in N.S Aug 13- Aug 20. It would probably be the highlight of my trip!!! lol :grin:

I like the idea. I've often thought that it would be nice to put a face some of the voices here. (SPs and hobbyists alike). The paranoid part of my personality might make me hesitant to attend though. I'm always terrified that this secret part of my life might get out, with devastating consequences. It would depend on the location and the level of confidentiality for me. This is still a "small town" in a lot of respects.