Question Regarding Elite Status

I have a question on what specifically constitutes elite status on Cerb. I know that once a member reaches 1000 posts, they are automatically upgraded with a crown symbol being displayed. However, there are other members who have 500+ posts, who are also elite members, but no crown. Moreover, I have noticed recently that some members who have posts over 800 but less than 1000 are still classified as senior members. Would someone be so kind as to explain this conundrum? Thanks!

I have a question on what specifically constitutes elite status on Cerb. I know that once a member reaches 1000 posts, they are automatically upgraded with a crown symbol being displayed. However, there are other members who have 500+ posts, who are also elite members, but no crown. Moreover, I have noticed recently that some members who have posts over 800 but less than 1000 are still classified as senior members. Would someone be so kind as to explain this conundrum? Thanks!

I was wondering the same thing a few nights ago.

• Like 1

Guest W***ledi*Time
I have a question on what specifically constitutes elite status on Cerb. ... Would someone be so kind as to explain this conundrum? Thanks!

Just from looking at the tags on various members' profiles, it does look inconsistent. My guess is that the tags don't really work right all the time.

I think the tags are supposed to work like this:

100+ posts

500+ posts
-- Elite Member

1000+ posts
-- Elite with Crown

1000+ rep-points --
also show "Elite Member", but without a separate tag. You have to move your cursor over a member's rep-point bar-display in order to see the pop-up-message that says "Elite Member".

In practice, almost all members have had the tag "Elite Member (500+ Posts)" attached to their profiles when they reach the 500-post level. Which seems straightforward. Except that a few members that have reached that level, and well beyond, remained "stuck" (if you will) with the "Senior Member (100+ Posts)" tag -- this includes myself. My own theory is that this apparent inconsistency is because of some little glitch or bug in the tag system -- but I stand to be corrected. (A number of members with over 500 posts, and also with over 1000 posts, don't have either of these two tags at all.)

The Crown Tag "(1000+ Posts)" seems to be applied consistently, at the 1000-post level.

I don't know whether it necessarily follows that your tag has to say "Elite" in order for you to actually enjoy elite privileges. Although I didn't get an "Elite" tag until the 1000-post level, I know I had access to Elite features long before that -- but this could have been just because I had 1000+ rep. As far as I know, there is a possibility that I might have actually had Elite-status since last year, after hitting the 500-post mark -- even though the tag didn't show it.

This is my best guess at deciphering the conundrum. If I have succeeded in muddying the waters even further, then I can happily say that my work here is done.

This my best guess at deciphering the conundrum. If I have succeeded in muddying the waters even further, then I can happily say that my work here is done.

Haha... Thanks WIT. A wealth of knowledge as always.

• Like 1

Guest f***2f***

I'm just posting to see what mine is...lol...I never look at that stuff!:lol:

The rep points always seemed odd to me, for example WIT has a 1000 rep points, others like Emma A and myself have 500, then Igotaboner and others have only 100 rep points?? Not that it bothers myself nor do I care, but since its inception I find it odd.

I know for a fact I give a lot of rep points out, and receive some in return, but I don't get the logic. Other than yes the more rep points you get from members then your number increases, but from a 1000 to 500 to 100?:confused: Oh well I just carry on.

• Like 1

Guest W***ledi*Time

Rep points are given piecemeal in an individual fashion by the members. As with anything that is built bit-by-bit and democratically, some anomalies or oddities will inevitably happen. I agree that some of the numbers (especially mine) look wonky when head-to-head comparisons are made, as Pete has done.

But rep-points weren't meant, I think, to be used in quite that way.

Instead, the rep-point system should be seen as a source of satisfaction -- everyone appreciates receiving positive feedback to their own contributions, and everyone enjoys giving positive support to the contributions of others! In my opinion, that's the logic of the rep-point system, and it's what I focus on -- not on "keeping score". Keeping score has no up-side for anyone.

Because the rep-point system has been in (prominent) place on Cerb for only a relatively short time, it is very true that the longer-standing members haven't been given full credit for all their contributions made before its inception. Members should give encouragement (including awarding rep) to all those whose contibutions they appreciate -- and, as Pete says, especially to those whose value has not been adequately recognized yet!!

Well said WIT, and thanks for your usual clarification.

I look at it this way, I try a give points for example to a Lady that has 20 points, because I really like her ad, then she makes an excellent point in a thread.

I'm told to spread it around, I think her at 20 points is worthy of my back to back rep points don't you?

And that is my goal lately is to give points to those whose "value has not been adequately recognized yet"

Guest W***ledi*Time
... I'm told to spread it around, I think her at 20 points is worthy of my back to back rep points don't you? ...

You can give rep to the same person again, all you have to do is wait until after you have subsequently given rep to 10 other members too. In that case, I just make a mental note, and then come back to the original person and give rep again later (this restriction does not apply to thread nominations, which also entail rep).

As another housekeeping point, you can only give out rep 10 times in a 24-hour period, then you have to wait. In that case, I would also make a mental note, and then come back later.

(I think the restriction against giving back-to-back rep points to one person is meant to reduce the ease of shilling.)

Guest S***e

Personally, I don't read too much into this as I am of the view that the content and sincerity of the posts far outweighs any form of status/rank/title/coloured rep point incons. So long as a person's posts are well intentioned, polite, informative and tasteful, that's enough of a "status" indicator to me. I find the system somewhat confusing as well, however.

This is my best guess at deciphering the conundrum. If I have succeeded in muddying the waters even further, then I can happily say that my work here is done.

Actually...that is all it takes to be called an elite member.........

Guest W***ledi*Time
Actually...that is all it takes to be called an elite member.........

... I've been elite since day one and didn't even know it ...

What extras do you get as an elite member?

A longer member?

I heard, I don't know this for a fact because I've not yet attained elite status... but I've heard they (the elite) get keys to the executive washroom staffed by beautiful asian attendants who will gladly hold for you and then tap and shake your member when you are done peeing.

I've heard rumors about a swanky cigar lounge and complimentary blow jobs every Thursday, but those are just rumors.... :)

i heard, i don't know this for a fact because i've not yet attained elite status... But i've heard they (the elite) get keys to the executive washroom staffed by beautiful asian attendants who will gladly hold for you and then tap and shake your member when you are done peeing.

I've heard rumors about a swanky cigar lounge and complimentary blow jobs every thursday, but those are just rumors.... :)

wow really oh my god i won the lottery

Sorry.. no asian pee pee shakers that is a myth.

I dropped the "Elite" status post count from 1000 to 500+ a while ago but it reset to 1000 the other day when we had all the crazy database issues.

One of the members went to 500 and noticed his account was still not changed and mentioned this to me. I fixed it... The Elite "Crown" (See Below)

elite_small.gif

Is suppose to show on all elite members with 1000+ posts...

I also added a new icon for the moderated members.

newuser.jpg

Guest S***e

OK...no doubt this will add to the confusion as well. Cowboy Kenny who's been here for a very long time, has almost 1000 posts and has more than 500 rep points is a "Senior Member" and I have a little more than 500 posts and about 350 rep points and am an Elite Member as of last week. Clearly, CK is an "Elite Member" in every sense of the word although it's not refelected under his avatar. If this is the case and one becomes Elite at 1000 plus posts I should be a Senior Member and CK will become an Elite Member when his odometer kicks over soon. Right? Anyways, I'm all for post content over numbers, so as I said previously I don't read too much into icons and titles.

All this talk about the length of my member is making me blush :)

So the asian pee shakers are a myth, what about the complimentary blowjobs on thursdays LOL.

While I have been here a while I only post when I have the time or feel the need to contribute between the old diary and the current one theres 500 more posts out there.

My advice, don't sweat the status indicators, contribute as you see fit with relevant and thought provoking discussion and and the membership will soon know and appreciate the value of your contributions, regardless of the icon beside your name.

• Like 1

Guest S***e

Pretty much my view as well CK...just a minor fly in the ointment as they say. Love the Diary and all your hard work CK.

Best regards,

Spike

All this talk about the length of my member is making me blush :)

So the asian pee shakers are a myth, what about the complimentary blowjobs on thursdays LOL.

While I have been here a while I only post when I have the time or feel the need to contribute between the old diary and the current one theres 500 more posts out there.

My advice, don't sweat the status indicators, contribute as you see fit with relevant and thought provoking discussion and and the membership will soon know and appreciate the value of your contributions, regardless of the icon beside your name.

Unfortunately CK the complimentary blowjobs on Thursdays are just a myth, but I think MOD should look into it as a reward for his hard working Elite members!

As for icons and numbers, I think too many people take it way too seriously! It's as you say CK, contribute as you see fit. Don't just post to see the icon or number beside your name, make an actual contribution. I have no issue with quick responses when something good happens to another member, or it's someones birthday, but don't feel the need to write a thousand posts that say nothing. Just my two pence as always!

OK...no doubt this will add to the confusion as well. Cowboy Kenny who's been here for a very long time, has almost 1000 posts and has more than 500 rep points is a "Senior Member" and I have a little more than 500 posts and about 350 rep points and am an Elite Member as of last week. Clearly, CK is an "Elite Member" in every sense of the word although it's not refelected under his avatar. If this is the case and one becomes Elite at 1000 plus posts I should be a Senior Member and CK will become an Elite Member when his odometer kicks over soon. Right? Anyways, I'm all for post content over numbers, so as I said previously I don't read too much into icons and titles.

This discrepancy is what I was getting at in my original post, but I agree... Cowboy Kenny Said it best!

Ck's User Title was wrong.. it's because he has a custom User Title as he got the cerb valued member award back when he was just a senior member and in order to add this icon to his User Title I have to tell the system his title is custom and manually change it (He still have elite status and I just fixed his title "manually" to reflect this as it was a oversight on my part).

cerbaward.jpg

anyone else with a AWARD ICON who's user title does not match the status correctly just PM me and I will correct it.

The rep points always seemed odd to me, for example WIT has a 1000 rep points, others like Emma A and myself have 500, then Igotaboner and others have only 100 rep points?? Not that it bothers myself nor do I care, but since its inception I find it odd.

I know for a fact I give a lot of rep points out, and receive some in return, but I don't get the logic. Other than yes the more rep points you get from members then your number increases, but from a 1000 to 500 to 100?:confused: Oh well I just carry on.

I find it odd to Pete - too bad we couldn't cash in those points like airmiles.....

Additional Comments:

I heard, I don't know this for a fact because I've not yet attained elite status... but I've heard they (the elite) get keys to the executive washroom staffed by beautiful asian attendants who will gladly hold for you and then tap and shake your member when you are done peeing.

I've heard rumors about a swanky cigar lounge and complimentary blow jobs every Thursday, but those are just rumors.... :)

Excuse me...and what do the ladies get? Maybe Emma is keep that information to herself!!!