Smoke-free SPs in Ottawa

Guest Stiletto Kyss

Occasionally, past reviews have included whether the SP was a smoker or not. This is something I personally am most appreciative of learning as I am a non-smoker and I have severe allergies to smoke (of all types be they legal or otherwise). From personal experience I can attest that Monique Matheson and Erica Dee are both non-smokers. I understand that Chez Nicole of Ottawa is also a non-smoker as are Alexa Taylor, Carrie Moon and Asia Lyn from Toronto none of whom I have met.

Although I respect the rights of individuals to smoke in their own homes or in their (smoking permitted) hotel rooms, I avoid encounters with them for the reasons stated above. Recently, I had to decline a couple of proposed get togethers with some well reviewed SPs because they were smokers.

If you have other Ottawa area SPs or SPs who frequently visit Ottawa who are non-smokers, I'd be grateful, as would perhaps others, if you could add them to the list should time permit or if you would consider including this detail in a review. Thanks kindly.

s-k

Guest Stiletto Kyss

There being no additions to those I listed I above, I will simply rely upon enquiring as to being smoke-free when I make first contact via email or via phone. Thanks.

s-k

I also think it's okay to ask up front -- although I'm not sure you'll get a completely honest response. Like you, I'm highly allergic to tobacco smoke. I have found that many smokers believe that if they're not smoking when I'm actually with them, I won't be able to tell the difference. (In one way this is understandable, as they're desensitized and wouldn't be able to tell themselves.) Actually I can detect tobacco on a person's skin for up to a year after they quit smoking.

I feel sorry for smokers, as it is an addiction and they don't make a conscious choice to do so every time they smoke. I've had a number of clients quit and they seem so energized by the choice to do so.

For me, smoking isn't a good thing. I don't work well with it, and I've found that most smokers don't appeciate the problems. I suspect what they aren't able to do so. This may be the problem with some SPs too.

For all we adults suffer from dealing with smoking, we at least have some control over what we're exposed to. Children living among us have even less. That's who we really need to get serious about.

If adults want to engage in tobacco use, I say let them do so under strict circumstances. But not advocate exposing us all, and especially not exposing children and unborn children to it. Let's advocate responsibilitiy.

..c..