Time Machine

Guest s******ecan****

Ok so you have access to a time machine that can send you to any point in time, any place on earth.....the catch is you can only stay for 12 hours before you have to return. When and where would you go?

1985, Victoria BC. I was partying with two girls in a cab. We smoked a bag of weed and drank a couple of bottles of wine in that cab (driver helped us with the weed) they took off their bras and got wild. I on the other hand got drunk and forgot about them, can't remember a thing after that.

I would like to go back and get laid by those two girls!! They were the two hottest girls at school....the two prom queens man...the two girls everyone wanted and I blew it!

Likely I will go back 15 years when I met this lonely beautiful neighbour in Edmonton and she was so beautiful. Tall natural blonde blue eyed student at the U of A I was dating for 6 months, ......well even talking about it makes me very sad that I lost the opportunity of a permanent relationship and likely having beautiful teenage kids now running around. I don't think I will ever marry now because when you miss a golden opportunity then you will never settle for anything less. Besides I am 15 years older now. I don't think many 20 year old beautiful blondes wanting me for husband lol, if any. So I will use time machine to go back 15 years in time and correct that mistake.

I will also use the machine to correct those who have caused pain and suffering on population especially women and children. The proven serial rapists and historically proven mass murders of the history will be corrected in my own way lol!!!!(before they commit the crimes they would be commiting and hence I will save many thousands may be many millions of innocent precious lives in exchange for a few no damn good lives lol, my view)..

I'd go back a few years so I wouldn't get involved with my last and (now) ex girlfriend. She turned out to be a very unstable person and it turned out to be a few good months followed by alot of months of hell.

I'd also use the time machine to get involved in hobbying sooner.

RG

• Like 1

For me, this would be early in the morning of Sept 11, 2001......have those lunatics arrested one by one, as they boarded the planes......

Imagine how different the world would be now....not to mention that there would be no Afghanistan war, which would spare the precious lives of so many of our young Canadian hero's, who sacrifice their lives far too often.......

Then, I would have my first duo, to celebrate what I had just done for mankind !!!

• Like 1

I'd go back to my senior year in high school, tell a very good friend of mine not to drive anywhere that night, then tell his brother not to be racing his bike a year later - maybe save two birds with one stone. still miss them 20 years later.

This is a tough one... it changes history to "what if story"...

Imagine that you could go back and make Hitler's dad pull out instead of completing the conception of little Adolph.

Now fast forward 53 years. Instead of Adolph, there could have been another guy that is equally megalomaniacal but actually likes the Jews. You then have a World War Two Germany with one of the most incredible armed forces ever seen AND the ability to produce atomic weapons.... sometimes changing the smallest thing has huge implications.

All that being said, if I could go back for 12 hours.... I think I would go back about 25 years and have a fantastic day with my grandfather... and let him know just how amazing he was... how much he meant to me. He has been gone for 15 years and I still don't go a day without thinking about him.

• Like 1

I would go back about a month ago when the jackpot for the Lotto Max was at $75M or so, and no winners. I would put down the winning numbers, head to the pub, and just wait to collect the money.

I would go back to any day in April 2006. I arrived in Ottawa on the first of that month, and there is someone I would track down right away and tell them what I feel. It certainly would have made the last years a much better place personally!

• Like 1

I'd go back and visit my 16 year old self and inform him of everything my 39 year old self now knows, then I'll have known then what I know now....

• Like 1

To be honest I do not know how to answer the question at hand. I have made choices in the past that are questionable to say the least. However I like to think that I have learned from these choices and have become a better person because of them. So, I would be afraid to change any of my past choices as I am afraid I might be a different person today...if things were different then.

Halifax May of 1990....the day my ex-girlfriend (the biggest love of my life) and I decided to break-up. My heart broke into a million pieces. To this day, 20 years after it happened It still haunts me.

I would go back to a day early last year, before a good friend of mine died of cancer. I'm not entirely sure why, but for some reason I kept putting off seeing him while he was sick... then, suddenly, it was too late, and he was gone.

I would pick him up and take him to the country side where he could take some pictures with his new digital camera - just like I told him I would. All he wanted to do was get out of his room and enjoy the beauty of the world a bit more before he left it, and I didn't make the time for him.

This was one of the biggest mistakes I ever made, and it'd be really awesome if I could go back and do things right.

• Like 1

Guest s******ecan****
I would go back to a day early last year, before a good friend of mine died of cancer. I'm not entirely sure why, but for some reason I kept putting off seeing him while he was sick... then, suddenly, it was too late, and he was gone.

I would pick him up and take him to the country side where he could take some pictures with his new digital camera - just like I told him I would. All he wanted to do was get out of his room and enjoy the beauty of the world a bit more before he left it, and I didn't make the time for him.

This was one of the biggest mistakes I ever made, and it'd be really awesome if I could go back and do things right.

You could honor him and maybe make some amends with yourself by doing some volunteering at a hospice or hospital cancer ward.

You could honor him and maybe make some amends with yourself by doing some volunteering at a hospice or hospital cancer ward.

I really should scott. That would be a great way to honour him. Thanks for the advice. :smile:

I would need more than 12 hours. Not to change any aspect of history or alter the course of events, just to spend quality time with some special people.

My opinion is things occur for a reason whether we want to understand or accept or are indifferent to - can't be screwing with the synergy of the universe. We'll leave that for Hollywood where it is confined to entertainment.

Reading some of these posts got me to thinking. I know of a few people in my life that have regrets (touch wood, not yet for me) in their interpersonal relations with other friends or family members

My sage advice is this. If you have a family member or (ex?)friend that for whatever reason you are estranged from, maybe try to re-establish a connection with him/her...a phone call, email etc I've seen a few too many regrets. Once a person passes away, it's too late.

It doesn't matter who is right and who is wrong, be the one to make the first call

My 2 cents

RG

• Like 1

Guest A*ro**n

I was going to start a new thread along the same line, but low and behold, used the handy dandy search function and voila.

So time machine for 12 hours. Apart from the obvious (visiting favorite SP over and over again), I think I'd like to go to my parents wedding reception just to sit and watch them have fun and have a drink.

I'd also like to go back to the 50's and try a coke and McDonald's hamburger before the suits and chemical engineers got involved and see how it compares to the way it is now. Just pure curiosity.

Back to somewhere August of 2000. Was visiting in the city my paternal Grandmother lived in. She wasn't the grandmother I wasn't close to because her and my Father had a falling out years before.

My Aunt on my Mother's side asked if I wanted to go see her and I didn't want to stating that it would be too awkward. A year later, she died of throat cancer. I went to the funeral with only my sister and cried my eyes out. A decision I will always regret.

Guest ChantalSummers

Amazing idea for a thread!! I would back track to the fall of 2006 when this incredibly sexxxy guy friend of mine did the sweetest thing for me ever!! He wrote and published a book of 1000 reasons why I should date him, as well as a song he wrote, sang, and recorded, as well he had it played on hot 89.9. He proposed that I go out with him instead of my boyfriend at the time. I was amazed and very touched by his sweetness sand sincerity but I declined thinking the man I was with was the one I would marry. Sometimes I wonder what our relationship would have been like if I said yes. We are still friends today. But he's getting married next month.

Guest *Ste***cque**

Since your time machine can take you to any point in time I would go 25 years into the future and look up what stocks/companies/industries did really well and invest in them when I got back. I might also peek in on the future me, see how things are going and just have a look around.

I think most people have some sort of regret in life however I'm grateful for those moments because they made me who I am now and have made me learn or grow in different ways. I don't think I'd spend 12 hours in any one place. I think I would spend time in many places. See different points in time, observe people I love, admire or am interested in. Experience things so I can say "I was there. Nothing like a different perspective or a new view!