Bands We Never Admitted to Listening to in the Past

As a "classic rocker", some of my friends are amazed that I am actually going down to Super-Ex with some girlfriends to see Abbamania tomorrow nite (with Bee Gees and Tina Turner tribute band in tow).

So, yes I admit when I was rocking to Peter Frampton and Black Sabbath and Kiss, I also snuck the odd listen to those "other" bands.

Here's one of my favourites:

Guest o*****a*****r

Good question... Abba was one of those bands after living in Europe, that wasn't cool to admit listening to until "Does Your Mother Know" hit the North American Charts...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o1DlaQw8Rc

LMAO!!! Way too funny now IMHO.

Then when I got older and into "louder/heavier" bands I would never admit to absolutely LOVING this band:

Thank Gawd for the anonymity of this board :-D

...of mine would have to be the Stevie Nicks era Fleetwood Mac. Not at all hard rocking or even musically challenging as was the original Fleetwood Mac but still a great listen!

and here are a couple of examples to back up my choice.

Some blasts from the past (not that I ever listened to them):roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHWeuQyFouo

(song sucks, but she looks hot)

Thank god for some good music

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x234k2_bruce-springsteen-born-in-the-usa-v_music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62diHTKQ-N8

Just a few

RG

being an havid classic rock and metal fan since the age of 10 for me it was touch me by samantha fox

Here is a link to that vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiuimDNlyuQ

Ok. I admit it. I had an N'Sync cd. *hides shamefully in the corner*

Don't hide Erin .. is there a Backstreet Boys cd too? :smile: Yes, I jest..

LOL! I am laughing that contagious laugh Seymour !!

I'm glad you said "contagious laugh" :lol:. Me too! It is that laughter and the company of fine people as you that keep me out of trouble. Well, most of the time. :wink:

I spent my Canada Day hanging out, drinking wine and watching Michael Jackson's "this is it"

such a (not so) closet fan for MJ....Man in The Mirror, Liberian Girl....anything off the BAD album....

When I was a grade-schooler I was huge into Boys II Men...still revisit them every so often because I still think they're one of the best acca-pella groups out there and I think they really started that train among the younger listeners.

I absolutely love the band Wide Mouth Mason....somewhat 90's Canadian Blues....I wish they went further.

I really love David Usher too.....even those my friend cringe at his stuff. whatever, I like his stuff x 10

I was dragged to a Backstreet Boys concert.....but thats coz my girlfriend had no one to go with....we had nosebleed seats........I went just to say I went....even then, no one believed I would dare go, lol...hey, free ticket, whatever. I told my parents I was sleeping over at my friends house when I was going to a rave after, haha

just shoot me cause.... Air Supply greatest hits... even played it quietly in my university dorm room after my 1st gf broke up with me ..lol... meanwhile my roomie was into hard punk... but somehow we made it work... " I'm all outta love, i'm so lost without you, i know you were right, believing for soooo long ".... i'm such a wuss!

ahhhhhhh , I she hope was was worth it

just shoot me cause.... Air Supply greatest hits... even played it quietly in my university dorm room after my 1st gf broke up with me ..lol... meanwhile my roomie was into hard punk... but somehow we made it work... " I'm all outta love, i'm so lost without you, i know you were right, believing for soooo long ".... i'm such a wuss!

New Kids on the Block. Ugh..

I still have one of their tapes. I won't lie, I sometimes break it out for nostalgic purposes.

Don't hide Erin .. is there a Backstreet Boys cd too? :smile: Yes, I jest..

NO. *cough* Ok, yes.

80's music was the best...it had a meaning. Not to say that today's music isn't good but IMHO many songs today just don't cut it.

Maybe you're not looking in the right places :) Don't get me wrong though, I love love love me some 80's music: Siouxsie, The Cure, Depeche Mode, etc.

80's music was the best...it had a meaning. Not to say that today's music isn't good but IMHO many songs today just don't cut it.

Not all 80's music (if you want to call it that)

RG

just shoot me cause.... Air Supply greatest hits... " I'm all outta love, i'm so lost without you, i know you were right, believing for soooo long ".... i'm such a wuss!

Me too...along with REO Speewagon "I'm gonna keep on lovin you...cause it's the only thing I wanna doooo..."

Me too...along with REO Speewagon "I'm gonna keep on lovin you...cause it's the only thing I wanna doooo..."

guilty of REO as well... i recently burnt that song while making cd's for the car...lol... i just enjoy 70's 80's 90's, todays music doesnt seem to have any meaning/feeling/heart... speaking of Heart weren't they a sexy pair of sisters...guilty of them too!

I have always admitted...to anyone... to the music I listen to years ago..and yes I still listen to all of it today :mrgreen: All that music during my early years brings back great and fond memories.So I dam proud to say yes I listened to that song....I will give you a few of those songs later.

Additional Comments:

Okay here we go...

Wings The speed of Sound...Silly Love Songs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK9QVN0bpa4&feature=search

Paul McCartney

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg35yrBTqqI&feature=related

Starship...or is it Starshit???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PP1HEFlkdY&feature=search

Okay LMAO...just found the 45

Wild Cherry Play that......

FROM THE 80'S

Bananarama...Cruel Summer

I think I do have the entire shame of the board bearing down on me....

My high school crush loved to dance. I loved to watch her dance. I was intoxicated by her beauty.... but more than any of that... I got a woody that could hammer railroad spikes through concrete every time I laid eyes on her.

She said "(insert my name here), you know what??? I want to go to a concert and dance my ass off." The year was 1979.

So... I saw the concert listing. My buddy and I went to BASS ticket agency and got 4 seats for Maple Leaf Gardens...

and saw....

696025-village_people_super.jpg

.... nuff said.

When I was younger, we actually had a neat little band. We used to just play covers. We'd cover from the Eagles, to CCR, David Bowie, Queen, Aerosmith

(Hmm, I wonder if I can find an SP that'll indulge in some "Love in an elevator"...).

We reunited about a year ago at a class reunion. It was a blast, and even though my voice is not what it once was, we still rocked the house. But the kicker was when we broke out the Rockband instruments to start the show. Seeing some of my bandmates never played it and well, let's just say it was a rather large bucket of fail.

But my guilty pleasure... The B52's.

When I was much younger, and much, much cooler than I am now I was all about the hard-rock - Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Alice in Chains...

I would never have admitted to enjoying Tom Jones... Now though, I can say it without fear of being disavowed by any of my peers - Tom Jones rocks! Arguably one of the best popular male-vocalists of all time!