Tripadvisor for people!

Guest *Ste***cque**

Way to go, Internet!

There is now an app called "Peeple" allowing you to rate everyday people based on your interaction with them, however brief. As a bonus, you don't need their approval. You just need their phone number and select whether you know them through business, personal or romantic.

The creators "say" they developed the app so they could rate people to help them decide "whether their neighbors would be suitable and trustworthy with their children". Yeah, right! Stranger danger, Conservative style! It didn't say whether the rater could remain anonymous but c'mon, that's how the internet rolls. It should make for some interesting ratings and I'll wager not the positive kind(he's a drunk, she's promiscuous...). This increasing desire to use online shaming and ratings to control uncomfortable behaviours so we all think alike has me looking for the Borg over my shoulder! :)

Btw, nothing negative has been posted for Zeno, yet.:)

So, is this a good idea or a bad one?

This is an Easy Answer... it a terrible idea so I predict it will be very popular... people love tearing others down especially if they can do it while hiding safely under a rock.

Just My Opinion

• Like 3

Unfortunately, the type of people who this would appeal to are those with an ax to grind about someone. People who have nice things to say seldom would bother with such a thing. Sounds like a sh*t slinging platform to me.

Ha ha ha ha - I just heard about this tonight when I was listening to one of my favourite podcasts (Uhh Yeah Dude). Sh*t slinging indeed. My prediction is that it'll create enough controversy and in turn create enough interest to nab a profit. You'll have to give up some of your personal info in order to slag others, which could eventually be sold to the great big data machine. I don't know this for sure, but I think that's how it might work. Anyway, I predict that this fad will net the inventors a few million to play around with.

Hey...anyone wanna work on an app with me?