Drive-thru favorites....

When on the road and hunger hits, what is your favorite fast food, drive-thru item. Is there something that you once loved that they no longer offer? Is there something new you want to try????

My fav....BigMac

Once loved....McRib (I know, I know!)

Want to try....Baconator

I always use to enjoy the actual park and wait for the waitress come out on her roller skates at the A & W and take your order. Those were great days :)

Ohhhhh Megala Megalo Megalee Meg....

A topic near and dear to my heart... so near that I can feel the arteries clogging as we speak!!!!

If "the Works" only had a drive through I would be in burger paradise....

The current standard - A&W - the Teenburger

The Auld Lang Syne Lament - A&W's Coney Sauce. A big order of fries feels incomplete without this savoury meat filled tomato sauce concoction. Think of Chili con Carne without all those annoying beans... smothering fries. It disappeared about 5 years ago and has only been re-introduced in one location... near Brantford in SW Ontario. Needless to say when I go down to visit family not far from there, I always buy a ton of it, freeze it and then make the 600km journey back to OTown (praying to god for good traffic and cool weather)

The dream - none I haven't met yet!!!!

Want to try....Baconator

My suggestion is you don't try this Meg. I ate...ahh sorry attempted to eat one after losing a bet. I felt like I was having two heart attacks and a stroke at the same time.

As far as road hunger goes I too usually go for Tims, either a sandwich or soup/sandwich combo.

I always use to enjoy the actual park and wait for the waitress come out on her roller skates at the A & W and take your order. Those were great days :)

Yes, and root beer in those frosted glasses (not plastic cups). Yum!!!

I used to like Harvey's hamburgers when they actually were charbroiled.

A friend of mine was the manager at the Merivale and Baseline location years ago and told me it would take an hour to clean the grill every night. I bet that real estate is worth millions...anyways, I still enjoy a Harvey's burger, nonetheless.

I want to try those new salads from Wendy's - they look delicious!

This talk about food gave me a flashback to years ago when I lived in Ottawa. Is Nate's Deli still going (I believe it is/was on Rideau Street)

RG

This talk about food gave me a flashback to years ago when I lived in Ottawa. Is Nate's Deli still going (I believe it is/was on Rideau Street)

RG

Nate's Deli closed this year at the end of May on their 50th anniversary.

McDonalds Fajitas since they're low in fat and not greasy.

Wendy's grilled chicken sandwich and baked potato

And of course my Tim Horton's Mint Ice Cappucino. They wake me up!!

McDonalds Fajitas since they're low in fat and not greasy.

Wendy's grilled chicken sandwich and baked potato

And of course my Tim Horton's Mint Ice Cappucino. They wake me up!!

mmmmmmmmmm Timmy's.....

Nate's Deli closed this year at the end of May on their 50th anniversary.

That's too bad, loved their smoked meat on rye and matzaball soup

But that's going back quite a few years now...left Ottawa 1984

Thanks Cindy

RG

You wanna put a smile on my face? Bring me an icecap.lol.

ahhhhh... noted. ;)

Meg for me it as much about the place and who I'm with as the drive through food I get. A couple of my favs;

Calgary: Petes Drive-In (Fries and Shakes are amazing)

Winnipeg: Bridge Drive-In (BDI) (almost anything with ice cream)

WC

I can't pass a Taco Bell without getting a bean burrito. With no cheese. And extra hot sauce.

I went back to meat-eating for almost a year recently and always meant to try one of those baconators, now it will never happen. Have one for me too meg!!! :D

Wendys frostys & french fries

Ooohh! ...can't believe I haven't indulged in Wendy's frosty's and fries all summer?!

Yeah, perfect crispy/salty combo with their fries.

Mmmmmmm......frosty......and i've just finished off an icecap I treated myself to after folding a coupla steaming loads of laundry outta the dryer!

Damn! Been tough enough keeping them to a 2-3 weekly maximum through this summer's heatwaves.

Gained weight like a seal pup two summer's ago(last hot one) with too many trips to Timmy's(under a two minute walk each from home and office!) for the cool, mega-addictive treat.

Fortunately, my yearly huntin' trip/vacation next month tends to shed whatever additional insulation I may have accumulated over the year.

Those 10+km daily hikes with weight of gear can take 10-15 lbs. off by trip's end.

Helps to start the winter hybernation months a little leaner :wink:

I used to be tempted with Macdonalds breakfasts while I was on the run now if I skip my shake I try to get a Tim Hortons coffee (of if its a hot day an iced cap with milk instead of cream) with a bagel & Creme cheese and Tomato.

other (less healthy) stops....i really like those Pesto McMini's with grilled chicken.

as for Baconators....i had an obsession with those once...glad I stopped that train in its tracks, lol

I also really love the chicken teriaki sandwich at Subway.......thats something I can eat no matter how not-hungry I might be, lol

For breakfast I enjoy a sesame seed bagel with butter and cream cheese but only on Sunday morning, please.

My treat on a hot summer night or weekend is stopping at a soft ice cream parlor and get a large soft ice cream cone twist ( chocolate and vanilla ).

Guest W***ledi*Time
...My treat on a hot summer night or weekend is stopping at a soft ice cream parlor and get a large soft ice cream cone twist ( chocolate and vanilla ).

I'm addicted to chocolate-vanilla swirls. About ten years ago, I was in line at an ice-cream take-out window, and the little girl in front of me carefully asked the server for a "chocolate-vanilla squirrel". So that's exactly what I now always ask for. I've gotten a few funny looks over the years, but no-one's ever called me on it.

Timmies on the road to T.O... A large, 3 sugars, no cream, no milk, when the sun rises... Delicious coffee for a delicious moment...

Also, Poutine and milkshake at Harvey's on Elgin on a hot summer day... I believe they are the only one to do it properly in the region... To be eaten in Minto park, in the warmth of the sun...

Soft icecream cone at the Beacon park Drive-In in Victoria BC. I don't know what it was but it always tasted a little creamier ans smoother than the others. I don't know if it still is that way though.

Guest G***f******

I'm on the road a lot for work, and have eaten far to many Macdonalds double-cheeseburgers than I should have.

Mcdonalds Angus burger with real cheddar (hate processed cheese) or A&W sirloin uncle burger with cheddar. I rarely eat fries but if I do.. it's Mcdonalds.

I used to eat chili cheese fries at Toby's in Toronto...now gone :(

Wendys new salads rock!