Personal hell: the LSAT

Hello strangers :)

Has anyone taken the lsat? Do you have any lovely advice you'd like to impart? Do you think it would help if I showed up to the exam in a swimsuit?

spaciba,

xoxo Amelia

all you need is to stroke my palm with a golden loonie and all will be well :cooter:

Has anyone taken the lsat? Do you have any lovely advice you'd like to impart? Do you think it would help if I showed up to the exam in a swimsuit?

spaciba,

xoxo Amelia

Do as many practice tests as you can to know what they are going to be asking. You can find them online and in book stores etc. Most importantly, be relaxed. If you worry and stress out you will not do yourself any favours.

I wrote mine in the morning after my 5 year University reunion, out all night drinking and then sleeping on my buddy's couch. I ended up in the 99th percentile. Of course then I chose not to go to law school.

Guest e**m***h

spaciba,

xoxo Amelia

Looking back through the mists of time (ouch, got a bit depressed doing that calculation), I seem to recall that practice was important, especially for the little logic scenarios so you can do them rapidly on test day. Being comfortable so you can finish each module on time is the thing.

The swimsuit is a great idea - would help eliminate local competition. If I had been sitting beside you I would have failed dismally. :jackoff: Good luck Amelia!

Okay guys, thanks very much. I've practiced so much already but am seeing little improvement in the logic games section. Everything else is fine- reading comp, reasoning, writing sample- except these abominable logic questions.

I've got nothing to lose by taking test but still. One likes to think one's IQ isn't terribly below average:) xoxo Amelia

Okay guys, thanks very much. I've practiced so much already but am seeing little improvement in the logic games section. Everything else is fine- reading comp, reasoning, writing sample- except these abominable logic questions.

I've got nothing to lose by taking test but still. One likes to think one's IQ isn't terribly below average:) xoxo Amelia

Ok send me some logic stuff n ill serd you my answer then you'll know your not doing so bad after all. Lmao

Posted via Mobile Device

Just a few suggestions from someone who has taken it and managed to get into a pretty decent law school (albeit many years ago):

1. Memorize the instructions for each section and jsut take a quick look to make sure nothing has changed. As the tests are timed, any time taken reading the intructions is time you can't spend on the questions.

2. Practice, practice, practice. I know you said you have taken the test a few times, but are you really paying attention to why one answer is right and the others wrong?

3. Read for comprehension, not speed. Law school is all about a careful analysis of words and phrases, and the meaning behind those phrases, not black and white "yes and no" questions and answers.

Swimwuit would be best served using to practice test taking skills with your buddies here on cerb. ;>)

Good luck!

Ok send me some logic stuff n ill serd you my answer then you'll know your not doing so bad after all. Lmao

Posted via Mobile Device

Hurricane Emma: you can smother the lsat people with your enormous, delightful breasts!

All other repliers: let's commission Emma to neutralize the entire law school admission council.

Here is what I want to see on the lsat:

If Hurricane Emma blows through the towns of Sadville, Sadside, Sadvalley, Sadhill, Sadmountain, and Sadtoseeyougo, how happy will they be?

A. Very

B. Happy ending

C. Happy to be here

D. Happy Birthday

E. Gandhi

Then maybe I would enjoy the lsat....

Thanks for all your replies! xoxo