Hurricane Earl changes path

It looks as if Hurricae Earl has decided to change direction and is heading towards Halifax. They have closed the road to Peggys Cove in the hopes it will keep people from headiang out there putting themselves and others in danger. Hope everyone stays safe and damage will be limited. I for one get to go to work today. :sad:

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/hurricane/track_e.html

I'm loving this hurricane, it's so exciting! The tree tops outside my window look like they're going to break off and run for the hills. It's awesome. I'm going to spend the day studying for the lsat. What is everyone else doing while Earl torments us? xoxo

All the best to get through Earl. Hope it fizzles out as it moves up the coast. I remember Juan a few years back. Good Luck.

I'm loving this hurricane, it's so exciting! The tree tops outside my window look like they're going to break off and run for the hills. It's awesome. I'm going to spend the day studying for the lsat. What is everyone else doing while Earl torments us? xoxo

I'm a big fan of extreme weather especially Hurricanes. Enjoy yourself Amelia and have fun with the lsat.

Guest W***ledi*Time

I am personally quite happy that Earl is headed along the South Shore instead of along the originally projected path. (No offense intended to Haligonians and Sou-Westerners!) All I'm getting here is a rainy, breezy day.

I suspect that Halifax has Miss A. to blame for this -- apparently she has the power to summon even the whirlwind to her: http://sweetameliaheart.com/blog/?p=2075

Guest s******ecan****

Yes I echo WIT's comments. Last night's track had it coming up the Bay of Fundy heading straight for (or so it seemed) my house.

I was just out for a bit on some errands, standing outside right now is like standing in one of lousy "low flow" showers.

Additional Comments:

Perhaps an end for your fruit fly dilema?

I was just out for a bit on some errands, standing outside right now is like standing in one of lousy "low flow" showers.

You are lucky Scott, if I were to go outside right now it would be like taking a shower only in a wind tunnel. I have already lost power for four hours, it has come back on though and there is...ah was an apple tree on my property which is no longer standing. Oh yes I forgot due to Earl I now have to go to work tonight as we are adding extra staff...thank you Earl.

I think the Dixie Chicks said it best: