AirCadets in Valcartier, in January?

Just received my daughter's Winter Survival Camp confirmation.

Will be held 3 weeks, in January, on Valcartier's military base, and the theme is ''How to piss a parent off'', or ''How to make us worry even more'' ...

I have no doubt she will have a lot of fun during this ''working vacation'', but I still very worried.

I know I have to let her go. She's getting closer and closer from her military career (she wants to be a MP), but I think 14 yo is still to young to be in a war context.

This is her 3rd WSC, and I have worried every time - mostly because of hypothermia. But this camp is different. I do not worry about frostbites, this time...

Anyways, gotta go and get her duffy ready...

• Like 2

No worries. She has two previous exercises under her belt. Apart from learning to live in a cold harsh environment, she is learning discipline and how to work with others, all good traits to build a young lady's character.

Good on her and on you for you supporting her independence.

• Like 1

No worries. She has two previous exercises under her belt. Apart from learning to live in a cold harsh environment, she is learning discipline and how to work with others, all good traits to build a young lady's character.

Good on her and on you for you supporting her independence.

I guess so.

She has a lot of leadership, and is extremely cold blooded.

But it's desperate people, and desperate people tend to do desperate actions...

We are talking about Cadets, kids, in real life.

I suppose I'm starting to feel like an old army mom... ;) Better get used to it...

• Like 1

Winter affects everyone especially in Canada

Learning winter survival skills very useful for anyone who lives in a cold climate. I'm sure she's taught skills like how to avoid hypothermia and frostbite, things that I'm sure you are worried about.

Courses like this teaches a person winter and the cold is to be respected, but not feared

A morning rambling

RG

Thank you, but what I meant was that she was going there to work... I don't know what they are going to do, but I know she's not going there to learn how to make a fire.

She'll get paid, wich is fine.

My worries goes towards contact with the refugies. We don't know exactly if contact is allowed (wich would be surprising), but as said before, desperate people tends to do desperate things...

• Like 1