Cheapest way to get a Divorce

I left my husband over 8 years ago...we agree on everything so I was wondering if there is a cheaper way to get a divorce rather then us both getting lawyers..any ideas?

thanks,

Emma

I know that my sister and her ex did it themselves. Same with my mom and dad. They got the proper forms, filled them out, filed them with the court (there is a fee but nothing too expensive) and voila! I'm not sure if it's the same in every province, though. My sis and her ex were married and divorced in Ontario and my mom and dad were married and divorced in Quebec. I hope this helps a little bit :).

Additional Comments:

I found this...not sure if it has all the info you need but I suppose it's a start :)

http://www.divorceincanada.ca/

If you are here in Ottawa I was told to go to court house ask for a annulment since it has been over the 7 year mark . Best option there is a booklet at courthouse explains all about divorce . It can be costly when there is arguments but not to bad if its just sign papers. Sorry it isnt more help than that.

Guest gagagaga

you can actually use the same lawyer and fill out some simple paperwork that describes your agreement.

Although my divorce was over 18yrs ago, I don't think the laws have changed much. If you both agree on everything, you can file the paper work thru the same lawyer for a nominal court fee and of course his/her hourly fee!

From what I hear, if you and your husband have a lot of money the lawyers will make sure to let the divorce drag for a long time since they will get all the money in the end. But if you are both average citizen with low salary this can be done in an afternoon and you both can celebrate together after the divorce since you will still have a bit of respect for one another.

I left my husband over 8 years ago...we agree on everything so I was wondering if there is a cheaper way to get a divorce rather then us both getting lawyers..any ideas?

thanks,

Emma

yep hire yourself a hitman (lol) jk