Constitutional challenge of prostitution laws - opinion out tomorrow

Hello everyone,

As claimed on SPOC website, the court opinion is coming out tomorrow Tuesday 28. Also tomorrow, press conference by SPOC at 2H30.

But, as Alan Young (the attorney representing the women) reminds us, it will go on appeal either way.

He also says that a successful challenge will lead to de facto to decriminalization of prostitution but the provincial government could then step in to regulate the industry. Some regulations might arise, they could be draconian or fair. The main objective of the challenge is to remove the threat of criminal law for people engaged in the sex-trade and to improve their safety.

Stay tune!

Lou

Thanks for posting this, Lou. We'll be releasing all the details as soon as we've had a chance to go over the decision, and I'll be posting updates via my Twitter feed (@TgirlNikki) as soon as they're available.

For more info, check out the thread I've started in the General Discussion area:

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=35607

For those who aren't able to follow my Tweets, I'll be posting updates on that thread as soon as the media circus dies down. In the meantime, keep your fingers crossed, and let's hope the court takes this opportunity to give us back our rights and freedoms! :grin: