For some Chinese college students, sex is a business opportunity

"Years ago, when people heard somebody was a prostitute, they would criticize her very harshly, so girls who might want to copy her would change their minds," she said. "These days, people's attitudes have totally changed. They laugh at poor people, but they don't laugh at prostitutes."

Full Article

Interesting! Although I think race really shouldn't be an issue and many of them are very nice people I am sure, I find Canada to be very welcoming to them for the fact that many come to Canada with very honest intentions like working, studying and not doing or encouraging human traficking or Asian criminal activities.

One of my male friend did legal business in China and he told me they do everything different over there. When he thought he was doing business with one person, they always did business in group. For business transaction, they always sent random people (different stranger) on each meeting in the purpose to start over again and again to screw him up to get a better price. In several occasion, they tried to make him drunk in public meeting or tried to embarass him with comments about his look. They also managed to make him wait by himself in a very warm waiting room before a business meeting. Several minutes later, they called and asked him to come to the meeting room and my friend was all wet, red and sweathing so he could not think properly when he entered the room. They were already trying to get their cheap price fix while making fun of the situation. He have seen clear in the game and he finally didn't do any business with them. It was a small and not very succesful chinese factory. I assume it is just an exception cause I heard other people had very good experiences in their business meeting in China. After all, it means that most importantly race, money or physical attributes doesn't make the person at all. As for laughting at poor people as you mentioned earlier, I guess it's only and hopefully a small pourcentage of the Chinese population that does that.

Having been to China, it is like being in a tank of Piranha. Negotiating for anything is an art and a life or death struggle at the same time. It is very disconcerting for a westerner because most of the time, we try to maintain a modicum of civility. There, nothing is off limits for a good price.