Sign in to follow this  

My Not-Your-Typical-Mothers-Day Tribute

Guest S****r

Good post, Summer. Most mothers do the best they can for their children, obviously. I too don't think we need to blame the parents either. The so called philosophy of the day was that this was the proper way to raise your children. There may even have been a 97% consensus that this was evidence based (where have I heard that before?).

Sadly, for many new adults, their inflated sense of self does not fit through the door of reality. This has led to a certain increased level of unhappiness and anxiety among that group. The good news is they too will adapt to the world. No point in Mothers beating themselves up over it. It's in the past. The lesson to take away is that none of us can afford certainty in our approach. Always question the current group think.

Knowing you, and all mothers, love their children unconditionally is enough to give these children the strength they need to face the world like the rest of us. A mothers love is the greatest love of all!

Happy Mothers Day, Summer!

I should point out I have no children so take what you want from my comments. Parents have the toughest job in the world! I'm not sure if I would be any good at it.