List of Cell Service Providers..

I understand that some people think their name and phone number will show up on a 'never before called' cell phone.

I have never had that happen. I heard about that being provided many years ago, but I have never experienced it. I have been with Fido in the past and Bell now. When someone who is not in my contacts calls, only the phone number is displayed to me. Not their personal name.

My contact list consists of the numbers of people I have met, but I have created the names for them.

And with some girls asking for references that include a name, why would they ask if that name is already displayed for them when they receive a call? It just doesn't make any sense.

Does anyone have that service where the it shows the name of the person who calls from a cell? Maybe that is only from a landline that the name shows up, provided the cell company has that service?

From what I have checked, Rogers and Fido offer name display service (but only if the call is not blocked by the sender)-may be extra charge depends on which plan you subscribe to.