I know is not mother's day but ...

So after a tough week I was feeling kind of frustrated and a little sad today so decided to call home to listen to a friendly voice but my sister picked up and instead of encouragement gave me a lecture ... ugh!

Everything changed when she asked if I wanted to talk to mom. I told her what was going on and she told me what I needed to hear so ... How is it moms do to always know what their kids need and how to provide it? Maternal instinct I guess? Whatever it is even though I have my good friends and other important people in my life she is the only one capable of really make me feel better with her words or a hug.

Of course we have our disagreements and she does make mistakes but what counts is that she has always been there for me and always forgiven me for when I have failed as a daughter.

So you may be wondering why I'm posting this. Well, there's two reasons:

- To remind all here who have a great mom to show her appreciation and love.

- As a tribute to all the good mothers out there for making such a good job so here goes the super mom logo :)

super-mom.gif

• Like 1

Guest S***e

You are very fortunate Issy. I had the mother "from hell" as the saying goes thus I became independent/self-reliant at the age of 12 or so. That said, I'm glad you are okay at the hands of a loving mom. Take care.

My mom was a tireless, stubborn, but very selfless Irish woman (bless her soul). There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of her.

I think every day should be mother's day. Thanks for sharing, Isabella.

So after a tough week I was feeling kind of frustrated and a little sad today so decided to call home to listen to a friendly voice but my sister picked up and instead of encouragement gave me a lecture ... ugh!

Everything changed when she asked if I wanted to talk to mom. I told her what was going on and she told me what I needed to hear so ... How is it moms do to always know what their kids need and how to provide it? Maternal instinct I guess? Whatever it is even though I have my good friends and other important people in my life she is the only one capable of really make me feel better with her words or a hug.

Of course we have our disagreements and she does make mistakes but what counts is that she has always been there for me and always forgiven me for when I have failed as a daughter.

So you may be wondering why I'm posting this. Well, there's two reasons:

- To remind all here who have a great mom to show her appreciation and love.

- As a tribute to all the good mothers out there for making such a good job so here goes the super mom logo :)

super-mom.gif

Isabella

Right on. You may have lots of friends, but you only have one mom, and she is not replaceable.

RG

I am glad you have that type of relationship with your Mother, Isabella.I and many others I am sure have not been so fortunate,I lost my Mother and Sister 3 years ago in a terrible incident.From that day forward my life has been different...I have vowed to always be their for my children..no matter what...they always know I am there.Unfortunately with my Mother I did not have that support but that was just the way she was,,,I think it was just difficult for her as I was adopted at an older age.Somtimes just knowing someone is "there" is all that is needed....such a comfort.alexo

Edited by alex grenyait
grammar
  • Like 2

I am also adopted... and proud of it. My adopted parents are wonderful people and my Mom is one of those types who would bake you something for no reason. They taught me some important lessons which I still remember to this day. I had lived in a foster home and I know what it is like to have no one to lean on. Family is very important and I treat my Mom like she is my only mother.