This holiday shopping is already starting to add up. I'm finding every year things seem to be more expensive. So this year I'm giving myself a limit, but it does not feel right. I mean if I buy for a lot of people each one will get less, and I do not want to do that. So what do you do when you buy Chrismas gifts, or is their some other way that would be better for me for buying gifts.

In my family everyone buys for kids, and the adults draw names.

For people outside of the "family" I make stuff for.

Ex. Baking, crafts, etc...

I usually make cookies and orniments for friends and people who I am close to. Or I make Christmas cards.

lol

There are many of homemade ideas on the net, then you can keep costs down, and put more thought into each gift!

:razz:

I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe holiday!

We decided this year, with family, a limit of $50.00

My nephew, another story, he's going to break the bank...but he's worth it.

Plus some friends and I get together for a gift exchange, which runs about $150.00 total.

So shopping trip to Toronto this coming Saturday, and as a present to myself, booked a room for the night, and seeing a lady from EC

RG:D

I find I always spend too much at Christmas, I start out thinking I am going to cut back and never do. I enjoy Christmas so much that I can not help but splurge on gifts. I enjoy finding the "right" gift for everyone that I buy for and sometimes...all of the time I end up spending too much. I have set limits, I have started shopping early and I have started late. None of it helps me cut back so I think I am just one who enjoys spending on others. I can think of no other answer.

Guest High***d****an-Can***

I have experiences mirroring those of stevecurious. I begin by planning and budgeting how much is necessary and for whom I should buy gifts for. but when I'm in the mess of things, that all seems to go out the window. My only suggestion, bring only cash and leave all plastic at home!

Happy Holidays!

Marissa

I buy for my young nieces and nephews. All others get a bottle of wine and a thank you card from the xmas charities that I donate to on their and my behalf. I request no gifts for me and donations be made to xmas charities as well.

I'm blessed and able to share my good fortune.

Peace

MG

I have the same problem but I think I will just spend how I usually would. It only happens once a year. Also I put my sp's on my buying list, for them being so nice...and naughty lol.:wink:

I find I always spend too much at Christmas, I start out thinking I am going to cut back and never do. I enjoy Christmas so much that I can not help but splurge on gifts. I enjoy finding the "right" gift for everyone that I buy for and sometimes...all of the time I end up spending too much. I have set limits, I have started shopping early and I have started late. None of it helps me cut back so I think I am just one who enjoys spending on others. I can think of no other answer.