Chat Room Question

Guest al****s

This is a question for both SP's and Hobbiests. When you visit the chat room what is it that you are looking for? Are you wanting to talk about whatever topic is interesting at the time? Perhaps private chat with someone to set up a date or ask more personal questions? Or do you go in there with the intent on sex talk/cyber sex?

I visit the chat room frequently and my intention is to get to know people and talk about various topics. I am by no means a prude (thank god for that huh? ;)), and I can certainly carry on my half of a steamy conversation with the right person, but I have no interest in talking this way with someone who I have never spoken to before. This has been happening to me a lot lately and I usually just leave the conversation. I don't even get a "hello, how are you doing?", I just get a "hey, I'm horny, do you wanna help me out?" or something along those lines.

I could very well be over-reacting, but I just wanted to know your thoughts on this. Thanks for sharing! :)

alexis...xoxo

I spent more time in a chat room on another board earlier this year, and primarily the chat was about current events etc, and for guys and sps to chat in real time, maybe about topics on the board etc, and for jokes and fun chatting. I suppose it can't be used as a tool for booking appts, but I don't think it is the best use of it, since I think sps would rather be approached via their stated contact methods, not because they happen to be in chat.

I find what you describe to be the equivalent of the obscene phone call. These guys are trying to get off by engaging you in a conversation, and have no intention of contacting you directly, booking an appt, and making a real effort to meet you. Frankly, I find it offensive, as I would find the same "can you help me out" comment on the phone offensive. The example you give is of a person very few sps would choose to see, so in a way, he is doing you a favour by showing what kind of guy he is, if you want to look on the bright side of it lol..

That is a great topic alexiss.

Personally, I am in a chat room mainly for the social experience, getting to know people and building some rapport. The more you get to know people and them know you, the better your chances of getting a positive response if you need some information or assistance. Of course, to provide information or assist if a guy seems decent as opposed to some real jerk off as well.

Secondary, I am there to see what the ladies are like and how they act, kind of gathering intel for future reference. If a lady and I chat on the side and we hit it off.......much more likely to perhaps book with her than not having any interactions with her. The more comfortable a girl feels with a guy, the better his experience in a session is likely to be. It is all an investment in a future session in my eyes, whether it be a couple hours or a year in the future.

Guest G***f******

You're probably going to get a lot of varied responses as I'm sure different people visit for different reasons.

Me personally, it's just to chat.

Sorry, but don't go in often into the chat room,when I do it is sort of like Cheers "Hey Norm" but of course everyone says "Hey Pete" its kinda nice ;) and then I try and type really fast with my two fingers to respond to multiple whispers. :shock: So I visit in there just to say hello and see what is going on, I don't stay in the chat room long.

There is quality chat that does happen, it is not always about sex, but sending private whispers and being flirty is fine, but usually open with some courteous opening sentences to a lady is a must.

But in the chat room last time I was in , we were talking about weather,sports,politics,jokes,where you from etc etc etc it was all good.

Guest S**a*Q

I love chatting... :) I'm on the computer a lot, so I am always chatting somewhere, or more places than one.

I talk on here, on facebook and on msn. On top of sending emails and PMs and FB messages. I'm always trying to keep busy, but when I"m at home, there's never enough to do for me, so chatting fills the void.

Maybe I just get bored really, really fast, maybe I'm afraid of my own thoughts, or maybe there's something living in my brain that if I stop doing stuff, it'll escape and destroy the world...

...OR MAYBE, I have an overactive imagination.

Just a little...

I use to be in chat all the time but this year as been very strange and busy.

When I visit the chat room I just like to meet and get to know others that are there. I can talk about anything and everything.

It is nice when in chat if someone says "Hello" or "Hi" XXXXX to get a response back. I do understand that some people walk away from there screen once in awhile but when you get back you can still respond.

I always say my "good bye" when leaving also, so not to leave anyone hanging if you know what I mean.

Guest S**a*Q
I use to be in chat all the time but this year as been very strange and busy.

When I visit the chat room I just like to meet and get to know others that are there. I can talk about anything and everything.

It is nice when in chat if someone says "Hello" or "Hi" XXXXX to get a response back. I do understand that some people walk away from there screen once in awhile but when you get back you can still respond.

I always say my "good bye" when leaving also, so not to leave anyone hanging if you know what I mean.

I agree with you... Sometimes even for me it's hard to keep up. Actually moreso, as I'm usually flipping between things online and it gets difficult to keep up with messaging.

You can make rooms up, where people can filter into, but I'm usually in chat to see what everyones up to.

Guest ***nsut***jr

alexiss

Chat is a great place to hang out and yap about something or nothing.

There's regulars that go there and then the ones testing the water.

To the point of your question, yes you will get those guys that ask or make comments that are sexual cliches. They will do it publicly or privately.

As I guy I can sit and shake my head and chuckle or if they are really rude I might whisper an opinion that its maybe not a good idea to be making those comments and that the ladies might not like them.

If some one is really out of line you can vote to have them booted out too.

And if you want to get all hot and steamy a private chat is a good idea.

Whispering sometimes goes bad and everyone gets to have a good laugh, while you look for a cyber hiding place. That's all in good fun though as I am sure we have all experienced at one time.

Take all of it with a grain of salt and keep it fun.

J

PS. If MQ is in there she can make you screen look like snow. She has a lot to say and types fast. LOL;-)