Odd way to be indiscreet

I was at a friend's house today and my laptop checked out the wireless networks. There was a network with the exact same name as a CERB member.

This member has a very unusual name and it would be a huge coincidence if this wireless network just happened to be the exact same as his CERB name.

So yeah, now I know where he lives and I feel kind of weird about that!

I think it should be more like you think you know where he may live. It could possibly be a coincidence, not like that has not happened before.

But the question that runs through my mind is what now? I know where a fair number of SP's that I see live as I see some of them at their residence for a session. Other than when I am looking or a session, it does not do much for me other than perhaps driving by on the way to somewhere and making a brief mental note such as that is where such and such a SP lives.

So yeah' date=' now I know where he lives and I feel kind of weird about that![/quote']

Strange, and indiscrete. Me, for the most part outcalls to hotels. But the couple of times I've done incalls, I always, after the encounter, delete the address off my gps, and after each and every encounter I wipe the contact phone number from my cell phone. Not just for discretion purposes on my part, but to protect the privacy of the lady I just saw.

If a guy isn't discrete about his hobbying privacy, do you think he cares about the privacy of the ladies he sees.

Some thoughts

RG

If a guy isn't discrete about his hobbying privacy, do you think he cares about the privacy of the ladies he sees.

I disagree with your statement.

As namssa indicated it could be coincidence the names are similar.

For all we know someone random was browsing cerb, thought the name was cool and decided to use it.

Routers broadcast and all Megan found out was the router was somewhere in the vicinity. Of course given the number of houses around, apartments etc etc it might not take much to pin-point things.

If the gent does outcalls other SPs would already know his domicile.

Or he is unashamed he is a hobbyist and doesn't see anything wrong with his lifestyle made public.

Having said that .... please please lock down your wireless routers using WPA2 or WPA at the minimum. And most of us could turn off wifi network name (SSID) broadcast without any issues.

When I used to work in Toronto and my laptop was ruined after I accidentially spilled a drink on it, I hadf to go to a downtown internet cafe. When I got on the computer there, a window was left open to a Toronto review board and the guy hadn't logged off!!

And you want to talk about being indiscreet? Some dude showed up at a location I had used on ocassion looking for me and he had never even met me according to the person who answered the door and a text that person had sent me hours before. This is a good way to get the door slammed in your face.

I disagree with your statement.

As namssa indicated it could be coincidence the names are similar.

For all we know someone random was browsing cerb, thought the name was cool and decided to use it.

Routers broadcast and all Megan found out was the router was somewhere in the vicinity. Of course given the number of houses around, apartments etc etc it might not take much to pin-point things.

If the gent does outcalls other SPs would already know his domicile.

Or he is unashamed he is a hobbyist and doesn't see anything wrong with his lifestyle made public.

Having said that .... please please lock down your wireless routers using WPA2 or WPA at the minimum. And most of us could turn off wifi network name (SSID) broadcast without any issues.

Not arguing, but first point, I said

"If a guy isn't discrete about his hobbying privacy, do you think he cares about the privacy of the ladies he sees."

Key word is "If", my comment a generalization, which may or may not apply to this case

As for being unashamed of being a hobbiest, (which btw I too am unashamed of hobbying), that isn't the point. Maybe the ladies would like discretion. They may have other lives seperate (work, family etc) from being a SP, and would like to keep the two lives seperate. It isn't just the hobbiest's privacy to consider, it is also the ladies privacy to consider.

You go on my cell phone, gps, and even computer at end of day, all traces of any aspects of my hobbying gone...and I'm single.

Just a few more comments

RG:D

The main thing we need to remember is to ensure that we are always discrete with any information that we may have. I have seen where the lives of pooner's and SP's have been pretty much destroyed because of a lack of discretion. We should treat any information we have about our client or SP as we would like to have them treat our information. Sometimes I think we are a bit careless with the information we may have and we need to take better care to ensure that it all remains confidential.

Guys should be careful with any and all information that we may have regarding what we may know about the SP's that we see. If we see a lady at her incall, the location must be not divulged to anyone and any records of the location destroyed. We need to remember that it is a special privilege to see them at their incall and to make as little impact as possible, quiet in the halls, knocking quietly and talking quiet and at a minimum until behind closed doors. Just a bit of the wrong information given out and used by the wrong person can have devastating results on occasion. The safety and security of the ladies that we see should be foremost in our minds.

Ladies should ensure that any information they may receive must never be divulged to anyone. One of the reasons we may see SP's is for that discretion and if business associates or family members were to find out, it could be devastating. If ever an SP gets that phone call inquiring about why their number is on a boyfriend, husband, employee's phone, the key is to deny, deny, deny. Never divulge that said person may be a client or what your business with this person has been.