What is Your Favorite Part of Christmas?

Mine is shopping for wrapping paper. Don't ask me why but I actually collect wrapping paper and gift bags. I find the paper/bags represents a certain mood I'm in at the moment so I look for really cool designs or ones ranging from simple to flashy, I will buy it if it catches my eye. I never stop buying them this time of year and have about 30 rolls stashed in my garage from over the years.

I especially love the white Christmas tree with blue/silver ornaments along with the same colors for wrapping paper. I am a creative person and would start my own wrapping paper company if I could. lol.

eggnog and Presidents Choice Candy-Cane ice-cream...oh! and all those fancy holiday lattes that the coffee-shops make....gingerbread is great too!

hmmm....I think I might need to ask Santa for a gym membership, lol

Getting together with the family.

Watching the smile on my nephew's face when he opens his presents (Christmas is for kids after all)

Watching the look on my brother and his wife's face when they see the present...oh no, another toy that takes batteries and makes noise

Christmas dinner...this year, instead of turkey, doing a prime rib

RG

I have to agree with Roaming Guy. I love to give and Christmas is the perfect opportunity to indulge in that. I love watching people's faces when they open something that I sometimes agonized over for sentimental value. Or the comedic results.

Guest G***f******

Three words.

Deep. Fried. Turkey.

I realize we could do this any time, but for some reason it seems like a Christmas only thing.

Family, the Christmas music, and gift giving based on remembering and researching what people have said they have wanted just by comments they have made during the year. Gift receiving. not so much.

Guest W***ledi*Time
Baking Christmas cookies is always fun. Brings back happy memories of doing this with my Mom and sister. And then eating them is always good too!

Yes, COOKIES!!!

Two that impact me in different ways;

1. Shortbread - I just love it. Both the crunchier ones and the ones that melt in your mouth.

2. Children - They get so amazed at Christmas and their level of excitement is simply energizing.

WC

There are a few really good things about the season. My favorite are the specials that come on TV. Also the traditions we have in our family such as helping out some person in need over the holidays. It brings back all the Christmas's I had as a kid, and will pass it on through generations. Ahh nothing better....:smile:

For me it is the innocence and enthusiasm of kids finding out that Santa visited and watching them opening the presents. That is what Christmas is about for me.

i love wrapping and giving gifts !! I use perfect seams and lotsa tape to watch people struggle <giggles> Also like decorating me tree and sipping on eggnog and spiced rum yummy

i love wrapping and giving gifts !! I use perfect seams and lotsa tape to watch people struggle <giggles> Also like decorating me tree and sipping on eggnog and spiced rum yummy

I love wrapping and giving gifts too, I always save some to wrap on Christmas Eve with a nice bottle of wine. Being with family, friends with good food makes me feel so happy, it's like being a child all over again and I wait for it every year. I love Christmas.:-D

There are a few really good things about the season. My favorite are the specials that come on TV. Also the traditions we have in our family such as helping out some person in need over the holidays. It brings back all the Christmas's I had as a kid, and will pass it on through generations. Ahh nothing better....:smile:

Yes, I love watching Christmas movies too! Every year while stuffing the turkey, I watch "It's a Wonderful Life". I love that movie!

Ohhhhhh .... Christmas. So many things.

For me it's the whole package... it's nothing and everything at the same time.

It's hearing Perry Como singing "Home for the Holidays" while I am driving home for the holidays...

It's watching the snow come down and Johnny Mathis is singing "Silver Bells"...

It's sitting around with family and hearing Andy Williams singing "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year"....

It's making Christmas cookies and having Nat King Cole sing "The Christmas Song" (Chestnuts roasting on an open fire...)...

It's sitting with friends and watching Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, and everybody knows the complete dialogue....

It's Christmas eve and knowing "A Christmas Carol" will be on, with Alistair Sim as Scrooge...

It's sitting with friends, sharing some festive cheer and knowing that each of them feels strangely warmer because I have the Fireplace Channel on TV...

It's staring at the tree and getting hypnotized by the lights...

It's the time of year that I have clear images of all of my family and friends, many long gone, and can see the absolute joy that the season brought them...

To me, Christmas is a series of vignettes, like pieces of a quilt that you construct all of your life. No two quilts are exactly the same but all of them are precious.