Removing reco's for the wrong reason

This has happened to me twice that i know of...once for a mix up on a planned date and recently because i had sided with a lady friend of mine instead of an old client {who became a friend}

My understanding of recommendations is that you write them if you have had a good experience...to have them removed at a later date because you don't agree with me on something is just childish. This is not a me airing dirty anything it's just a fact that if you write a reco then it shouldn't be removed because you got pissed at someone. Was the reco not from your experience with the provider at that time? This is for all the ladies who this has happend to. Gentlemen if you write a recommendation then it should stay unless you were lying about your experience. In which case you shouldn't have written one anyway.

kisses,

Emma

• Like 3

Completely agree with you Emma. A reco should be based on the result of an experience and as such that doesn't change. A client may have a subsequent experience or an exchange of some other kind with the lady but as CERB is based on positive recos only - then the client goes silent on whatever 'negative' view they may have. It is kinda sad when you think about it because that first positive experience should be taken as such and remembered. You can't erase positive memories (lots of research has proven that) and not sure why we would want to.

I too agree with you Emma. If you write a reco, it should be there to stay. It is based on your experience with the lady at a certain point in time. Even if at a future date circumstances change, that doesn't/shouldn't change past experience.

It strikes me as a petty thing to do, not something a gentleman would do

And how could anyone take any hobbiest's reco seriously if he has pulled one of his reco's from the past because of something in the present/future

My 2 cents

RG

I too agree with you Emma. If you write a reco, it should be there to stay. It is based on your experience with the lady at a certain point in time. Even if at a future date circumstances change, that doesn't/shouldn't change past experience.

It strikes me as a petty thing to do, not something a gentleman would do

And how could anyone take any hobbiest's reco seriously if he has pulled one of his reco's from the past because of something in the present/future

My 2 cents

RG

Petty is the best way to describe it. Did the person think that removing the recommendation would either end the argument or was it his way of kicking dirt on the umpire's shoes?

• Like 1

I agree with you Emma.

When a guy writes a recommendation it is supposed to be and is assumed to be based on a real and true experience between himself and the lady. There might be minor changes made through the "edit" phase, but once that has expired the recommendation should stand and not be subject to removal due to a change in feelings between client and SP. If the recommendation was given in good spirit, then it should stand on it's own merit, no matter the status of the relationship between the persons involved.

A true hobbyist and gentleman would not consider removing a recommendation because his feelings toward a lady had changed. I would hope that a reference from a lady would not change even if her feelings toward me were not as warm and fuzzy as they once were if I behaved like a gentleman when seeing her.

who is removing them? I am the only one able to remove them and I need a really good reason before I consider that. what has gone missing?

who is removing them? I am the only one able to remove them and I need a really good reason before I consider that. what has gone missing?

That's too bad Em, really childish and petty behaviour by someone. I was about to suggest that recommendations should not be able to be removed except by the Mod. A recommendation is earned as a result of a good experience, and regardless of what happens later, that rec. was still warranted at the time.

This has happened to me twice that i know of...once for a mix up on a planned date and recently because i had sided with a lady friend of mine instead of an old client {who became a friend}

My understanding of recommendations is that you write them if you have had a good experience...to have them removed at a later date because you don't agree with me on something is just childish. This is not a me airing dirty anything it's just a fact that if you write a reco then it shouldn't be removed because you got pissed at someone. Was the reco not from your experience with the provider at that time? This is for all the ladies who this has happend to. Gentlemen if you write a recommendation then it should stay unless you were lying about your experience. In which case you shouldn't have written one anyway.

kisses,

Emma

Sorry to hear Emma... I don't understand how anyone could 'take back' the good time they previously had.

(Not to take away from Emma's thread, but...) Another thing that is really, REALLY annoying is when a client disagrees with you about something and then goes through ALL of your photos removing every comment he's made over the years...

It's extra annoying because you have to see ... "this person has removed their comment" (probably what they were going for anyways, lol)

... Still, very childish.

• Like 2

I don't know how he did it but i'll pm you...the funny part is i didn't even know until he told me...lol.

Additional Comments:

I would hope that a reference from a lady would not change even if her feelings toward me were not as warm and fuzzy as they once were if I behaved like a gentleman when seeing her.

It shouldn't and in my case i would still give the guy{s} a good reference as they were good clients...personal stuff is just that personal.

kisses,

Emma

Turns out the Elite members and Senior members had this ability (Not purposely) I think I accidentally checked the wrong box. The system that runs this site has literally thousands of switches (to customize people's abilities) I that I set it up so you can edit your post within 24/48 hours of posting but after that time the editing ability was gone. My mistake. I have turned that feature on for both Elite and Senior members so hopefully that ensures this does not happen again. That is CLEARLY abusing the power that was available to this usergroup so everyone who may have been enjoying that feature and not abusing it... I am sorry but one person again spoiled it for everyone.

I anyone has the ability to EDIT or DELETE a post made more then 48 hours ago please let me know as it could be a error in the configuration of the usergroup you are in.

... and to the ladies... I am sorry that this person removed the posts. My bad for allowing anyone the ability to do this.

I am sorry but one person again spoiled it for everyone.

Just a thought here but since there seems to be a lot of "one person spoiling it for everyone" as of late maybe the offenders name should be made public! I for one am sick of playing by the rules and then suffering the consequences of some idiots poor decision(s). I understand Mods decision(s), and if I were him I would probably do the same since it appears that is the only option open to him. I say Mod needs more options, and the I am quite sure that the people doing this wouldn't be so brave if everyone knew who he or they are!

Just my thoughts...thanks for listening.

Just a thought here but since there seems to be a lot of "one person spoiling it for everyone" as of late maybe the offenders name should be made public! I for one am sick of playing by the rules and then suffering the consequences of some idiots poor decision(s). I understand Mods decision(s), and if I were him I would probably do the same since it appears that is the only option open to him. I say Mod needs more options, and the I am quite sure that the people doing this wouldn't be so brave if everyone knew who he or they are!

Just my thoughts...thanks for listening.

i'm really not interested in reveiling the guys name on here..that would be just as childish as he removing my reco. I just started this thread because i thought it was in bad taste for anyone to be removing reco's for stupid reasons.

• Like 1

i'm really not interested in reveiling the guys name on here..that would be just as childish as he removing my reco. I just started this thread because i thought it was in bad taste for anyone to be removing reco's for stupid reasons.

some guy's should grow up guess he wasn't really a friend

Guest i***k***

Actually I have no problem revealing the fact that I edited two of my recommendations with Emma, impulsively, during a moment of extreme frustration. I realized shortly after this that it was stupid and immediately put them back up, people aren't perfect and I'm far from it.

Please feel free to flame away.

Inaluki

Guest W***ledi*Time
Turns out the Elite members and Senior members had this ability (Not purposely) I think I accidentally checked the wrong box ....

I anyone has the ability to EDIT or DELETE a post made more then 48 hours ago please let me know as it could be a error in the configuration of the usergroup you are in ...

48 hours is certainly more than enough time to figure out if something is wrong with a post, and then edit it. No one needs to re-write history. And of course no one should have the power to blast gaping holes in Cerb, as some members did in the bad old days, by deleting their posts (or editing them beyond recognition) -- sometimes by the hundreds.

I tip my hat to ina for doing the right thing.

Sorry that this happened Emma. Good for you taking the high road. I can't see you leaving a bad taste in anyone's mouth:wink:. Have a great Christmas Emma !!!!!

Actually I have no problem revealing the fact that I edited two of my recommendations with Emma, impulsively, during a moment of extreme frustration. I realized shortly after this that it was stupid and immediately put them back up, people aren't perfect and I'm far from it.

Please feel free to flame away.

Inaluki

OK, all the cards are out, now we need to kiss and make up!

I agree with Emma and think she is good to avoid divulging who it was, however, Ina came out and admitted to his mistake and has now given a formal apology. It takes a big person to do so and I think we should all learn from this and take the time and really think about our actions before we say or do something.

Turns out the Elite members and Senior members had this ability (Not purposely) I think I accidentally checked the wrong box. The system that runs this site has literally thousands of switches (to customize people's abilities) I that I set it up so you can edit your post within 24/48 hours of posting but after that time the editing ability was gone. My mistake. I have turned that feature on for both Elite and Senior members so hopefully that ensures this does not happen again. That is CLEARLY abusing the power that was available to this usergroup so everyone who may have been enjoying that feature and not abusing it... I am sorry but one person again spoiled it for everyone.

I anyone has the ability to EDIT or DELETE a post made more then 48 hours ago please let me know as it could be a error in the configuration of the usergroup you are in.

... and to the ladies... I am sorry that this person removed the posts. My bad for allowing anyone the ability to do this.

I know this is an old thread but I just came across it...

I am glad to read the above as it was also done to me by the same member while I was away from the lifestyle for an extended period of time. He removed it/edited it more then a year and a half after posting it.

Now my Ottawa recommendation thread- also started by this member- contains the following ".......... " lol

I know this is an old thread but I just came across it...

I am glad to read the above as it was also done to me by the same member while I was away from the lifestyle for an extended period of time. He removed it/edited it more then a year and a half after posting it.

Now my Ottawa recommendation thread- also started by this member- contains the following ".......... " lol

i'm sorry G but that's funny..........................................not!