I have a question:

My girlfriend was over at my place and after coming out of the washroom she proceeded to touch my wall with her still damp hand as she was putting on her shoes. It left a mark since it's a brand new place and the eggshell paint was still in the process of curing.

I didn't say anything at the time, but later that evening I casually (and very politely) mentioned that I'd really appreciate it if she could be mindful not to touch the walls for the aforementioned reason.

Was there something wrong with saying this, or was it a perfectly reasonable comment?

Guest c******n****h

Aaah, the dilema of saying what's on your mind vs keeping your mouth shut. There are certain things which no matter how nicely said, will be taken the wrong way, especially when it comes to women. The following offers a number of examples...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyduncFpzl4

very funny

Edited by c******n****h

I'd let the first time pass because it could be accidental. On the second time, I'd mention it as it may become a habit.

my question is this......how long after the wall was painted did she do this?

As a conttractor and a professional painter for years....it seems very unusual for a print to remain unless touched within a couple of hours of the paint being applied.

try taking a damp clean cloth with no cleanering solutions and wipe down the entire wall........that should remove the print and make the wall even again.

Unfortunately, since the paint was egg shell, trying to wipe it down only made it worse. I ended up having to paint over it again. She did this about two and a half weeks after it was painted. (brand new condo). I was told it takes fresh paint about a month to fully set.

Additional Comments:

the fact that her hand was still a bit wet didn't help matters either.

SHould have said something at the time it happened. Otherwise you ignore it, if the blemish was that obvious then she would have no doubt seen it herself.

Take a cue from the doghouse video.

In the immortal words of Forrest Gump, "Shit Happens."

It wasn't malicious, it was an accident. It's like the first door ding on your new or newish car. The little scratch on the screen of your iPod, iPhone or Blackberry. That mark on your carpet where someone accidentally spilled their wine. It makes you angry but you accept it... it's not worth mentioning because (1) it can't be undone (2) it wasn't intentional and (3) in the grander scheme of life in general, it doesn't really matter.

Just my two cents...

• Like 1