Interesting Observation

As many of you know, I like gentlemen to fill out my prescreening questionnaire fully so we can get to know each other a bit before meeting, and so I can make sure the experience he is looking for is what I offer.

I've noticed that when I fire off the questions quickly after their initial email, they also respond quickly, and without much detail. When I am away from my computer and take awhile to get back to them, they also take awhile to get back to me, and respond with more detail.

I'm almost thinking of delaying my response to achieve the end I would like, but that seems kind of silly!

Guest W***ledi*Time
.... I'm almost thinking of delaying my response to achieve the end I would like' date=' but that seems kind of silly![/quote']

It's not at all silly to take steps that are aimed at achieving the results you're looking for.

In e-mail exchanges in any aspect of life, one quick response naturally invites another quick response in return. This is because a quick reply often means that the person on the other end of the exchange is still at their keyboard working on their e-mail. If I wish to move a piece of business towards a conclusion as efficiently as possible, the natural and logical reaction is for me to compose another message as rapidly as possible -- so as to catch my correspondent while they're still available. Many people set aside specific blocks of time for dealing with e-mail, and if you miss them during their current availability, you could wind up waiting awhile, until the next time they return to the task of answering their e-mails. Hence, the tendency to make a rushed response.

On the other hand, if a reponse from you takes awhile, I am not as likely to still be at my keyboard when it comes in. So the quick-strike response-reflex is less likely to apply. Slow responses from you additionally act as a warning to me that each potential round of the e-mail exchange may take longer, so the incentive is there for me to be as complete as possible in my response, to decrease the possibility of an extra round of communication being required to complete the business.

(I hope my response to your observation was not too quick, ha ha!)

As many of you know' date=' I like gentlemen to fill out my prescreening questionnaire fully so we can get to know each other a bit before meeting, and so I can make sure the experience he is looking for is what I offer.

I've noticed that when I fire off the questions quickly after their initial email, they also respond quickly, and without much detail. When I am away from my computer and take awhile to get back to them, they also take awhile to get back to me, and respond with more detail.

I'm almost thinking of delaying my response to achieve the end I would like, but that seems kind of silly![/quote']

It could mean that when you reply quickly he/she is still on the computer and want to set up an appointment before you log off. If you delay the response, that person could have logged off and only reply the next time he/she loges on and take more time to fill it out as they think you may not be on the computer!