What is putting out your fire today?

Some of you know me and others don't yet, but I guess my threads are a little window into myself. For the last couple of months I have played a game with myself and I called it "the bouncer effect".

I play it this way:

When I see, hear or witness some unfortunate event (be it a rude person, a bad action or simply a piece of news that has the potential to spoil my day), I look immediately for a positive, charming, gentle person or event.

I have been more or less succesful at not letting the "rotten spoil the healthy".

Today I have not been able to shake off a person I saw driving and almost killing an old lady that was walking her dog with the help of a three legged cane...

She was not in the middle of the road...no sir...she was on the sidewalk. With one hand she held the leash very short for the animal not to wander too far from her, and the other hand on her cane and a bag for the scoop... A driver of a black Sebring coupe, not only ignored the Stop sign, but also look her way and yelled " you 're going to be killed" in a loud voice....I was on the corner waiting for my own dog to finish his business.....

Now, all this was in a residential neighborhood, on an almost non-traffic street half a block from a small park.....

I am still thinking of this cruel man and I wondered how many of you are having a great fire being put off by things like this....

Loralee

that's how I look at things when I running into rude people.

sure sometimes they piss people off, but looking at the positive part it, they make you more competitive in many things or making your life easier sometimes, i.e you will have a better chance in a job interview, being happier and less stressful compare to them.

I don't blame you for not being to shrug something like that off, Loralee. It's one thing to dismiss the selfish rudeness and greed of some cynic, but not quite as easy to shake off watching someone who sounds like the definition of ignorant and useless almost hurt someone whose innocent and defenseless. People like that drift through their lives looking for confrontation, bouncing from one shouting match to the next. Imagine how he treats the person at the coffee shop? Or the fast food place? Imagine how he must treat his own family. Not the kind of person that will be missed too terribly when his time comes (maybe at the hands of someone equally useless). One thing I have learned though, when confronted with people like that face to face, use big words and they'll get confused and usually stop talking.

I too have issues with rude asses, espescially on the road, but what can we do???

I believe in karma, and one day, it'll come back to him. Being conscious of those situations, and being conscious that the only thing we can change is our own way of driving can make the roads way much safer...

You can't change others or situations, but only take actions in your own life... I'm sorry that you had a bad day...