One should not read these books....that is what some say....

Hahahaha, oh man, people will always try and 'ban' anything that people enjoy, it seems to be the way of the world! This one is quite funny though. I've read about 80% of these novels, and even studied quite a few in University.

I can understand how some of them get people worked up - seriously, look at the things described in 'Uncle Toms Cabin' - but why ban it? That stuff HAPPENED (the book may be fiction but we can't erase slavery from history), so if it bugs people, are we supposed to just pretend it didn't happen?

And I find it so funny when people want to ban books like Lolita. That book is magical. Its so well-written, so beautiful. In absolutely NO way shape or form do I condone pedophilia. But that's part of what makes it such an incredible book - the protagonists actions make me sick, but I can't stop readng them.

Oh well. I'm pretty sure by the time I die, everything I've enjoyed in life will have been on a banned/censored list at some point! hahaha!