This year I am wanting to take in some of Ottawa's Famous Winterlude!

I was looking at the website and was particularly interested in taking in the Opening celebration, ice sculptures and the Taste of Winterlude!

It would be great to hear from some of you seasoned vets advice and activities not to miss - as well as fun memories!

Snow * Snow * Snow!!!

If you want to have a good time for winterlude I would take in the opening ceremonies, the ice sculpturs, and if you don't skate I would walk along the canal down town, if you do skate do the whole length of the canal. If you need someone to show you the town I would love to show you the sights, and give you someone to snuggle against during the opening ceremonies to keep you warm

Bernie

Dorinda,

If you come into town you have to catch the opening night which I believe is the 4th of Feb.

It is held at the Museum of Civilization, they have fireworks, lighting show, music and of course the DJ party, it is a lot of fun.

Right down the road they have the Snow Flake park, make sure you wear a smooth sailing snow suit for your bum ;) and take rides down the snow slides, or play hide and seek in the obstacle course..

Yes you should not miss the ice sculptures-Confederation Park, they are fabulous work of art.

Have fun, I always enjoy it! :)

If you spend some time on the canal walking or skating, a hot coco and a beaver tail are the best bets to help fight the cold. Outside of that, there isnt much i can add to the suggestions.

This year I am wanting to take in some of Ottawa's Famous Winterlude!

I was looking at the website and was particularly interested in taking in the Opening celebration, ice sculptures and the Taste of Winterlude!

It would be great to hear from some of you seasoned vets advice and activities not to miss - as well as fun memories!

Snow * Snow * Snow!!!

I haven't gone in ages but if you like going skating, then skate on the canal and have some beavertails..ice sculptures, hmmm, dont remember what else..lol

Might I add, Go see the sculptures during the day time. It can be a wonderful opportunity to snap some pictures and get great action shots of them carving the spectacular scenes. I also suggest a return visit in the evening. This is when they have coloured lights set up to best display the works of art!

Outstanding! I am most definitely going to take in the Opening Ceremonies, skating (I used to be in figure skating fyi), ice sculptures (am & pm), the snowflake playground and everything else I can take in!! Should be easy as I have arranged my next visit to coincide with Winterlude....I will have my own private "Winter-lude" hee hee!!

Thanks everyone for the ideas....btw, I can offer you the most delicious beavertail around! :icon_wink:

Oh yes....and has anyone taken in any of the Tastes of Winterlude....am interested in this as well.....

concur on this statement:Cunning: and of course:body1:

....btw, I can offer you the most delicious beavertail around! :icon_wink:

Guest jake_cdn

Hope the weather holds out this year for winterlude. Over the last years no matter when they hold Winterlude there is a warm spell and it turns into Waterlude.

Too many people work hard to make this a success and I hope that the gods allow everyone to enjoy it

Drink lots of cider and enjoy the festivities.