Last supper partner (variation of Soleil's last supper thread)

Guest jake_cdn

So as I was posting my response on Soleil's "Last Supper" thread it occurred to me to me that some company at the meal would be welcomed.

Excluding family who would you chose to share your last meal with and why. You only get to chose one person.

For me it would be Pierre Trudeau. Love him or hate him all Canadians had an opinion of him. He shaped the future of Canada and how Canadians were preceived by other nations. I would certainly love to discuss his thoughts on multi-culturalism, federalism and a host of other ..isms.

Your choice?

Wow. Tough one. After a lot of thought I realized that there were simply too many historical figures I'd want to talk to on my final day to narrow it down to one person. So I settled on someone who would make my final moments enjoyable; my best friend. Someone I can have intelligent conversation with as well as plenty of laughs and whose company is always welcome. We've managed to keep in touch but distance means we really only get to see each other for a few days every year (if that). You can remember old times, rehash old arguments and shake hands like equals, sharing plenty of genuine laughs along the way.

Guest jake_cdn

Lowdark,

Good choice...always good to have someone to share your last supper with who has shared your exoeriences with.

For me there are too many questions to ask and to much information to absorb so I chose someone who I did not have access to.

That is a tough one! I think I would go the sucky way and say my Mom. I can't think of anyone else's eyes and face I'd like to see before I go. Besides, she can make my last supper for me! lol

I would have to say that my last supper guest would be Chef Gordon Ramsay. As Soleil so wonderfully put with regards to her mom, I would want him to cook my last meal.

Guest s******ecan****

I would pick Michael Ignatief because I figure being "bored to death" would have to be less painful and depressing than whatever method of execution the state had in mind for me.

I would pick Michael Ignatief because I figure being "bored to death" would have to be less painful and depressing than whatever method of execution the state had in mind for me.

I was thinking the exact same only with Stephen Harper!

My last meal would have to be with my best friend. She and I go out for lunch/dinner at least twice a week, it's our thing. I adore her more than anyone else in this world (excluding my kitties, which always makes her mad), so I couldn't imagine it being anyone but her. Also, she's ridiculously gorgeous and love food so spicy it melts your face off, just like I do, so it's a winning situation all around.

I'd chose Hunter S Thompson. I'm old enough to have been reading his writing in Rolling Stone, Sport and Esquire magazines etc. It was the late 60's and times they were a changing. he was front and centre so it would be very cool to hear the stories from the frontlines.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson

Peace

MG