50 cm+ in the Laurantians! Ski/Snowboard time!

For those who are thinking about taking a nice time this week end, know that we've received more than 50 cm of fluffy snow around here!

Mountains are beautiful, with deers and foxes coming down from the hills... So here's a couple of suggestions for those who are planning to go on the wild side this week-end:

1. Of course, ski resorts are offering beautiful conditions, espescially for the more experienced. Almost all trails are coververd with natural fluffy snow, but I think there's going to be a lot of out of towners.
  2. In my area, Parc d'Oka (where you usually find the beach in summer time) is offering slides, raquette, ski, walking trails in a protected parc where you will find wild animals in the woods, and even educational trails for the kids. Call for info.
  3. For those who are more in shape, Calvaire d'Oka, an historic site, is offering over 30 km of trails leading to the Calvaire, wich use to be used from the Trappist brothers back in the 17th century, when colonizing. Apparently, it's haunted... Call Parc d'Oka for info.
  4. Winter kitting in the Lachute area (easily accessible by Hawksbury) is wonderful on Two-Mountains Lake. Check on the web for info.
  5. Ice fishing.
  6. And so much more!

People are complaining about winter when they have nothing to do or not dressed properly... So stay warm and outdoors! Winter is wonderful!

Nice :-). I must make it out this way. I have never been but love skiing and this year seems great it. Would love to try ice fishing as well.