Sign in to follow this  

Toronto city staff given lesson in pole dancing technique

Guest W***ledi*Time
[img]http://images.ctv.ca/archives/CTVNews/img2/20120329/470_city_pole_dance_123.jpg[/img]
[I]A pole dancer performs at City Hall on Thursday, March 29, 2012. (CTV)[/I]

Elizabeth Church reports for the [I]Globe and Mail[/I], 29 Mar 2012:

[url]http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/toronto/city-staff-given-lesson-in-pole-dancing-technique/article2386444/?utm_medium=Feeds%3A%20RSS%2FAtom&utm_source=Home&utm_content=2386444[/url]

[B]Toronto city staff given lesson in pole dancing technique[/B]

Hereâ??s one pole they wonâ??t forget soon at city hall.

During a morning meeting of the cityâ??s Licensing and Standards committee Thursday, a review of the regulations governing adult entertainment, segued into a live demonstration.

A dancer, identified only as Viviana, performed a short pole dancing routine - in patent leather hot pants and top. The routine was done on a portable pole to music, while city staff and councillors looked on.

Before the demonstration began, the committee chair Cesar Palacio, who approved the event, requested that it be done in good taste.

While some committee members complimented Viviana on her athletic ability, Deputy Mayor Doug Holyday, who does not sit on the committee, voiced strong objections to the demonstration.

â??I donâ??t think itâ??s necessary. There are other places for that but itâ??s not here,â? he said. Mr. Holyday said members of the public are welcome to send information to councillors, submit letters, or appear at committee to make their case. â??People know what it represents and I donâ??t think it had to be done here.â?

[B]Asked about the demonstration, Councillor Adam Vaughan had this to say, â??The only poll that matters is on election day.â?[/B]