Sign in to follow this  

Milestones

[B][U]Milestones[/U][/B]: Noun, meaning major dates, events, turning points. NOT the restaurant ...

Iâ??ve been a member here for about 3 years (in 3 weeks or so). Things seems to be coming in threes. It dawned on me today that i should be sharing this little story here. An [I]exutoire[/I], i dont know. The word seems strong. But i do know iâ??d like to share 3 of my milestones i have had this month. Let me tell you about them. But first, a little context. Over the past year and a half, i have been removing and adding things from my «list», so to speak. Iâ??ll concentrate on things related to this board. Since i became a member, Iâ??ve tried a few things i would not have tried otherwise. Iâ??ve met great like minded people through posts, and socials. I mentioned I added a few items since the May 2011 social (some who know me well enough on this board might very well remember our discussion at this point). Iâ??ll come to one of them soon.

Hopefully, it will all make sense.

Now, here we are, my milestones:

1- The event:

Iâ??ve recently changed decade earlier this month. I do not feel old. Nor do i think i am. Iâ??ve recently been told by a lady of this board that i dont even remotely look it. Yet, it is a step. And only that. A step. One that you might cringe at and quickly move on, at least that is what i think. A step that got me thinking, even for a short while. I wanted to share the «event», make it somewhat special. Take another step. Cross something off the «list». Which leads me to :

2- The act:

«You wanted to try something?», you ask? Definitely. Along the way here on CERB, i met virtually and in real life some great people who, in their own way (an ear to listen, friendly discussions, and some play-time hints and suggestions) reminded me of whom i am. So I tried something new recently. Do not ask what, its not really the point i am trying to make. Of course, of course, it was an enjoyable time!! It is someting i should have done a good long time ago. But it recently hapened. Why is that important? Read on.

3- The note:

This post, is the third item (remember i mentioned things coming in threes). To share and to go on. To remind myself to keep being me. Iâ??ve caught up on some recos i had been meaning to post for a while, which in a way led me to this. Something i felt like i needed doing. To share in my journey, so far. And to thank the marvelous people, the ladies first and foremost. The ladies that are, in a sense, a mirror, in which i remember who i am. Life happens too quickly, and it is way too easy to forget about ourselves... who we are.

So, essentially, i am taking a few minutes to write this as a big, a great special thank you to the CERB ladies i know, and, of course, have met! Until next time we meet.

Guest S**a*Q
[QUOTE=mistert;386572][B][U]Milestones[/U][/B]: Noun, meaning major dates, events, turning points. NOT the restaurant ...

Iâ??ve been a member here for about 3 years (in 3 weeks or so). Things seems to be coming in threes. It dawned on me today that i should be sharing this little story here. An [I]exutoire[/I], i dont know. The word seems strong. But i do know iâ??d like to share 3 of my milestones i have had this month. Let me tell you about them. But first, a little context. Over the past year and a half, i have been removing and adding things from my «list», so to speak. Iâ??ll concentrate on things related to this board. Since i became a member, Iâ??ve tried a few things i would not have tried otherwise. Iâ??ve met great like minded people through posts, and socials. I mentioned I added a few items since the May 2011 social (some who know me well enough on this board might very well remember our discussion at this point). Iâ??ll come to one of them soon.

Hopefully, it will all make sense.

Now, here we are, my milestones:

1- The event:

Iâ??ve recently changed decade earlier this month. I do not feel old. Nor do i think i am. Iâ??ve recently been told by a lady of this board that i dont even remotely look it. Yet, it is a step. And only that. A step. One that you might cringe at and quickly move on, at least that is what i think. A step that got me thinking, even for a short while. I wanted to share the «event», make it somewhat special. Take another step. Cross something off the «list». Which leads me to :

2- The act:

«You wanted to try something?», you ask? Definitely. Along the way here on CERB, i met virtually and in real life some great people who, in their own way (an ear to listen, friendly discussions, and some play-time hints and suggestions) reminded me of whom i am. So I tried something new recently. Do not ask what, its not really the point i am trying to make. Of course, of course, it was an enjoyable time!! It is someting i should have done a good long time ago. But it recently hapened. Why is that important? Read on.

3- The note:

This post, is the third item (remember i mentioned things coming in threes). To share and to go on. To remind myself to keep being me. Iâ??ve caught up on some recos i had been meaning to post for a while, which in a way led me to this. Something i felt like i needed doing. To share in my journey, so far. And to thank the marvelous people, the ladies first and foremost. The ladies that are, in a sense, a mirror, in which i remember who i am. Life happens too quickly, and it is way too easy to forget about ourselves... who we are.

So, essentially, i am taking a few minutes to write this as a big, a great special thank you to the CERB ladies i know, and, of course, have met! Until next time we meet.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Live life like you mean it. That's all that matters :D Great post![/COLOR]