Sign in to follow this  

The Story of "Us", "The Lotus"

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]I have a very deep, contemplative, introspective soulful side to me that almost never gets to see the light of day. That side just doesn't work with the remainder of my life and the person that "my everyday" needs me to be. However, for a period of time a while back circumstances existed that allowed me to really "get to know" a woman that I'd known for a long time. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]We both discovered by accident that we shared the same hidden aspects of ourselves and the flood gates opened on exploration of each other. It was one of the most beautiful periods of my life. Although there was never any physical affair there was an emotional connection that developed that for all intents and purposes was an emotional affair. We both knew that the connection that was building was becoming too strong so we decided that we needed step back from each other and what we shared. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]I wrote this poem for her as a memoir of our time but she's never read it and probably never will. I just happened across it today in my files and thought I'd send it out anonymously to the world to finally release that part of me that she held.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[U][FONT=Calibri]The Story of â??Usâ?, â??The Lotusâ?[/FONT][/U]
[FONT=Calibri]A well I passed through fate or luck, and through still waters lay murk and muck.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]Again and again I passed that way, and still the waters before me lay.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]No thing of beauty could be found, although my heart searched all around.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]Night by night my heart would wail, no soul around to hear my tale.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]A burning thirst upon my lip, as every night I made my trip.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]Alas I stopped to dip my hand, my thirst to quench and saw a band.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]A band of gold my finger through, twas at that moment I saw you.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]Beneath the surface fast asleep, the darkened water a secret keep.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]Meer silhouette though moonlight shone, to be revealed Iâ??d wait till dawn.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]My head I placed against that well, and started in my tale to tell.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]Of bygone eras a storied past, time so fleeting the hours fast.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]Smiles and laughter, sorrow regret, not quite knowing the worst one yet. [/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]The sun set forth its morning rays, the mirrored surface held up my gaze.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]Up you rose, up from that black, that moment forward no turning back.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]Not knowing I had done without, your petals white and pure devout.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]A single flower, a Lotus came, a fragrant scent, XXXXXXXX its name. [/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]Transfixed I stood that whole day long, and soon my tale it turned to song. [/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]Soft and loving she shared her time, opened like her petals my heart sublime.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]Till dusk it came, the day at end, soon dark would take my precious friend.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]To retreat once more it was her need, but I held on too tight in greed.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]The Lotus it does need repose, beneath the water so it goes.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]My thirst be quenched again pre-tell, alas my woe, twas not my well![/FONT]