I thought about it and I think it would be fun by having a "Check-In" on Cerb. Like Facebook, I would love the idea of sharing my location and taking Cerb to another level.

although I do have a facebook account (personal) I have no idea what a check in is all about...could you elaborate?

Check-ins are when you are at a certain location and you "check-in" so everyone on your facebook knows where you are. The usual check-ins are coffee shops or bar n such.

Why would you want a bunch of strangers knowing where you are? To me, this just seems like it has huge potential to attract stalkers. I never really understood doing it on Facebook either. I mean, if I'm not actually physically hanging out with you, why do I give a shit where you are? Sometimes technology gives us shit we don't need.

• Like 1

There is only one place I check in and that's at my favorite bar. I have less than 100 people on my facebook as I clear it out often and if I check in there it's a sign I want company. I personally would never use a check in on this site. It seems scary.

Posted via Mobile Device

Additional Comments:

Ummm...... what about privacy and discretion? Not sure if I want all CERB members knowing where I am at all times.....

You choose when and where to check in on FB

Posted via Mobile Device

Ummm...... what about privacy and discretion? Not sure if I want all CERB members knowing where I am at all times.....

My exact same thoughts. No way in hells name would I want anyone from a message board knowing where I am, what I do on a daily basis.

The good thing about check-ins are that you do not have to participate if you don t want to. I'm sure if someone was going to stalk me, they would have or are already. I never worry about strangers or stalkers.

Love the idea of Check-ins. Yes, it could be an open invite to anyone on Cerb, great idea!.

I can kind of see a practical but lazy application for it though if you were to check in at your incall location there would be a list of ladies who are "available" but putting an ad up is much better.

Posted via Mobile Device

I can kind of see a practical but lazy application for it though if you were to check in at your incall location there would be a list of ladies who are "available" but putting an ad up is much better.

Posted via Mobile Device

I never thought about that... that kinda defeats the purpose.

I'm not a facebook user, and sometimes I want to be alone or with family/friends, without everyone in the world knowing where I am. Sometimes I even turn my phone off just so I don't get disturbed

RG

The only way I would want a CERB member to know where I am is if I am meeting him/her and if I'm meeting him/her' date=' they already know where I am.[/quote']

I like the idea that I can be out in about and "check-in" somewhere. Sure Cerb members might know where I am, that was the point. I think it's sexy, but totally respect that not everyone might be into it, and wouldn't expect them to use it. Check-in-ing is a good app for someone like me, not for everyone. It's supposed to be a fun tool app, Id have fun with that.

I can see this blowing up already! WOW!

I have a personal FB account, and don't allow that crap there, let alone in my work life!

This can have SERIOUS ramifications! Ex. stalking, assaults, rapes, etc....

Guys could say, well she was "asking for it" because she used this application.

I think this is a horrible idea for this kind of site.

We all have "handles/Nicknames" for a reason! DISCRETION!

By releasing your location, would be crazy!

Just my 2 cents, but I am 100% against this!

I can see this blowing up already! WOW!

I have a personal FB account, and don't allow that crap there, let alone in my work life!

This can have SERIOUS ramifications! Ex. stalking, assaults, rapes, etc....

Guys could say, well she was "asking for it" because she used this application.

I think this is a horrible idea for this kind of site.

We all have "handles/Nicknames" for a reason! DISCRETION!

By releasing your location, would be crazy!

Just my 2 cents, but I am 100% against this!

Ouch! way to be totally against something. I never really looked at it your way before. I never looked at anyone on this forum as rapists or stalkers n stuff.

Let's say this site had this app I'm talking about.. You won t use it. I get it.

Me, Im not scared of stuff like that. If a client or girl wanted to rape, assault or stalk me, it would have already happened.

Or maybe Im not worth stalking, IM AT SOUTH KEYS, AT DENNYS ENJOYING A DIET PEPSI WITH MY LAPTOP!!!

If someone wants to stalk me, they d be bored, fast.

You can't trust everyone on a site like this. I would really be concerned about someone's personal safety if they give out information such as their exact location to a public forum.

Posted via Mobile Device

Ouch! way to be totally against something. I never really looked at it your way before. I never looked at anyone on this forum as rapists or stalkers n stuff.

Well, anyone can join this site and because there's no background check you just never know who'd be taking notice of your location. There are some very nasty people out there, unfortunately.

Me, Im not scared of stuff like that. If a client or girl wanted to rape, assault or stalk me, it would have already happened.

I don't follow this logic at all. There is no way you can possibly know that you're never going to assaulted/raped/stalked. Just no way you can know that, unless you have a magic crystal ball that you're not telling us about.

• Like 1

This is just another rant from me regarding "check-ins" (I'm not trying to put down the OP for suggesting it, this is just how I feel about this sort of thing in general).

I get the idea that maybe if you're out somewhere, you want to let people know, so if they're free, they can stop by and see you. However, that's what texts are for. If you want someone to come hang out with you, text a friend! Don't check-in on Facebook, because quite frankly, I doubt anyone gives a shit. I don't mean to say that no one cares about you (the person checking-in), but there is this assumption with check-ins that if you check-in, people are going to be interested. While I try to clean out my FB profile periodically, there are still people there who I don't even see regularly, and why should they be spammed with my check-ins, if they don't even live in the city I do? The whole concept of check-ins annoys me for the simple fact that it cuts out the actual interaction. Don't call your friends and tell them you'd like to get together, just check-in because any ol' person will do!

Let's say this site had this app I'm talking about.. You won t use it. I get it.

Or maybe Im not worth stalking, IM AT SOUTH KEYS, AT DENNYS ENJOYING A DIET PEPSI WITH MY LAPTOP!!!

If someone wants to stalk me, they d be bored, fast.

There are lots on this site who don't post, just read.

You don't know what is in the heart and head of anyone unless you know them. My feeling is (and I may be wrong) you are judging all CERB members by the ones who publicly post...what about the ones who register and are lurkers

BTW never base your worth on if you are stalked...as someone who has been stalked, it has nothing to do with your self worth, it has to do with

someones sick fixation on you. A unbalanced person wanting you doesn't raise your self esteem, it just scares the hell out of you

RG

This goes against the whole concept of discretion. Why on earth would I want someone knowing my whereabouts? In the past I've had to worry about a few overly obsessive clients who literally creeped me out and I certainly wouldn't them knowing my every move. I'm not on facebook. I tried it, didn't like it ( caused more problems than it was worth) and as a result no longer believe in social networking. If people from cerb want to check me out, they can look at my profile here with my pictures and I can actually see who is looking at my profile on a regular basis. "Checking-in " as you call it, you're opening the door for trouble.

Cowboy checked in at Ritchie Feed 'n Seed to buy hay for the horses

Cowboy checked in at Shoppers Drug mart to buy condoms and toilet paper

Cowboy checked in to Bridghead for a large dark roast

Cowboy checked in to the library to borrow the horse whisperer

Cowboy checked in to heart and crown for deep fried pickles and a keiths on tap

Cowboy checked in to the clinic for his regular tests

Cowboy checked in to the bank to withdraw some funds

Cowboy checked in to cerb to check out the ladies

Cowboy checked in to super cuts for a trim and a shave ( not saying what got trimed or what got shaved)

Cowboy checked in to see Sin Cindy

Cowboy checked in to see Belle bordeux

Cowboy checked in for drinks with Cat

Cowboy checked in to CMJ for a smooth body slide

Cowboy checked in to the bank again to check his checking account.

Cowboy checked in to see Sin Cindy,again....

I really don't get this whole aspect of the social media, where everybody shares what I believe is way to much information. I do have a facebook profile used mostly for friends and family who do not live in town, but I'm shocked at what some of my younger friends post freely on their walls.

The social aspects of cerb are great as they are but really anything further and broadcasting my every move and whereabouts is just plain creepy and not really necessary as you can see from my routine, LOL.

Not to rain on your parade Julia's undies but i think many of us come to cerb for an escape from all the normalcy or lunacy of our day to day lives...

• Like 2

Cowboy checked in at Ritchie Feed 'n Seed to buy hay for the horses

Cowboy checked in at Shoppers Drug mart to buy condoms and toilet paper

Cowboy checked in to Bridghead for a large dark roast

Cowboy checked in to the library to borrow the horse whisperer

Cowboy checked in to heart and crown for deep fried pickles and a keiths on tap

Cowboy checked in to the clinic for his regular tests

Cowboy checked in to the bank to withdraw some funds

Cowboy checked in to cerb to check out the ladies

Cowboy checked in to super cuts for a trim and a shave ( not saying what got trimed or what got shaved)

Cowboy checked in to see Sin Cindy

Cowboy checked in to see Belle bordeux

Cowboy checked in for drinks with Cat

Cowboy checked in to CMJ for a smooth body slide

Cowboy checked in to the bank again to check his checking account.

Cowboy checked in to see Sin Cindy,again....

I really don't get this whole aspect of the social media, where everybody shares what I believe is way to much information. I do have a facebook profile used mostly for friends and family who do not live in town, but I'm shocked at what some of my younger friends post freely on their walls.

The social aspects of cerb are great as they are but really anything further and broadcasting my every move and whereabouts is just plain creepy and not really necessary as you can see from my routine, LOL.

Not to rain on your parade Julia's undies but i think many of us come to cerb for an escape from all the normalcy or lunacy of our day to day lives...

DAMMIT! I'm laughing my ass here! HAHHAHAHAH!!

I guess the whole idea sucked ass

DOWN WITH CHECK-INS, Whoever started this thread needs to check their brain geesh, what an idiot she is!!!!!

so anyways, naked rock band at my place anyone?