Hi everyone, I'm in the process of getting a car and about to start doing outcalls to houses/condos but I've been warned by some clients that it's not safe to go to peoples homes in the HRM. Can any ladies give me any info on outcalls? Does Hali have a bad track record for this? Any less safe than other Canadian cities? Thanks!

I've been warned by some clients that it's not safe to go to peoples homes in the HRM.

Not safe for you or for them? Halifax is a very small city so I can see where it would not be "safe" for a client to have someone show up at their door due to nosey neighbors.

For an SP, I guess the risk would depend on what area they are going?

I understand your concern...I know sometimes I'm wary of going to a SP's home so I can only imagine it's even riskier for you. I'd say trust your instincts...if it looks shady stay clear or ask for references if they are a Cerb Member.

Good luck and be safe

You should be fine, but screen properly. The best way is to insist on calling their landline, and look it up online to make sure the phone number and address match. This should save you a lot of bullshit. Trust your instincts!

To stay safe for residence outcalls:

Screen your clients - Name, Address and phone number, ask if anyone else will be in the home as you do not want any surprises. Ask for a reference as well from another provider.

Call them back on their land line, google them, and check in once you arrive with someone you trust. As well always dress discreetly and park up a few houses.

Edited by *****ru****n
  • Like 4

Hi Summer,

I don't live in Halifax, but some safety tips I have implemented and follow very strictly consist of having a phone buddy. I usually call on my way to the appointment, when I have arrived and after I have left. Screen your booty off until you are satisfied with the info collected and scan the environment for quick access to objects for protection or that could be used on you. Not to scare you but your life is more important than the greens.

Just my 2 cents ;-)

Yazzy xoxo

• Like 1

If you have doubts, don't do it...your safety/life most important

There are other options, outcall to a client's hotel, incall to your hotel or apt/condo/house

My advice, take it for what it's worth, have stringent screening methods in place before embarking on this type of call (hobbiest's full name, phone, email etc) not to mention references...the ladies would have better advice on screening methods.

I would also suggest do not do this sort of thing with a client you are going to meet for the first time...only for repeat clients, that you have developed somewhat of a rapport and trust with.

And as Yazima said, your life is more important than the greens

Be safe

RG

i dont live there, but i think outcalls and incalls are the same, same danger level, doesnt matter where you are. Personally, i hire drivers, they wait close by untill you are ready to leave, keep their phone number on speed dial incase anything happens, and if you EVER are not comfortable somewhere LEAVE! Its better to be safe then sorry!