Cerb and Self-Awareness

people should never think that you should less accessible, because there are matters you do not want discuss on here, or even if you form an opinion on a delicate subject, it is afterall a free world to express yourself no matter if it is sex,politics or religion, as long it is done in good taste and has merit to all those reading.

As a family we always discussed issues through dinner time, nobody ever got a slap in the head to express their opinion, what ever the discussion might of been.

In an ideal world I could post my thoughts on any topic without consideration for their effects that might have on the "model" people naturally construct of who I am and what I'm about.

But I've found that in reality, facts learned about one aspect of a person can affect how they're perceived on totally different topics.

I *can* post on any subject here, and CERB is a remarkably thoughtful and non-judgmental group on many, many subjects. But just because I can do it doesn't mean there isn't any risk or cost. Ya can't mess with human nature. Some subjects are best avoided in general discussion (I think), as they tend to get in the way of relationships in surprising ways.

When I was a teenager, seeing the movie, Scent of a Women for the first time, and watching the scene where the character Lt. Colonel Frank Slade, returns to his limo in a breathless state of absolute bliss, after visiting a companion, had sparked a curiosity and fascination with this phenomena of Hobbying. But up until recently, I have been too nervous, paranoid, and apprehensive to indulge my curiosity.

By sheer serendipity I found CERB. Here I found a community of people who share the one common denominator of enjoying this hobby in a safe and fun manner. Through CERB, and its members I have obtained a wealth of information about this hobby through various threads, serious and frivolous (i.e. etiquette, incalls vs. outcalls, legal ramifications, agencies vs. indies, abbreviations, best bums, best abs, what to do, what not to do, etc.).

With everything that I was able to absorb from the experiences and wisdom of CERB members, I was able to alleviate my nervousness, paranoia, and apprehension, to take the plunge. Just last week I finally met with an SP for the first time - which by the way was an out-of-this-world experience. Not only did the threads on CERB enable this amazing experience, but more importantly - and to the point of this thread - that within my own self-awareness/realization derived from CERB threads, I can undeniably confirm that this is an amazing hobby and the right hobby for me.

A BIG shout out to everyone who has contributed to CERB.

• Like 3