Happy National pi Day

I heard that it was National pi day. First I thought they meant pie day. But no, pi, as in 3.1415

You know, you remember back to high school I am sure. Circumfrence divided by diameter = that constant of 3.14.

A handy little tool too.

Circumfrence of a circle=pi X diameter.

Area of a circle = pi X radius squared.

Volume of a cylinder = pi X radius squared X height

Did you ever wonder about what sort of a life a man would have if his spare time was spent in measuring the crircumfrence of circles and then the diameters and then thinking to divide the two together to get what turns out to be pi? And sometimes, I think I have no life!!!

Hey lets see. If I think back to some of my wonderful encounters with people here, and then just let that thought work its magic, grab that cloth tape measure,. Yes I can measure the circumfrence, and do a little calculation to get my diameter. Oh, can that be right? Not a very big number.

Have a good pi day all.

Guest M****ella's C****s (retire

I might be outing my self as a huge nerd, but I've been celebrating pi day every year for 4 years. >.< lol...we also celebrate by eating pie. ^_^ Yum

Show off. LOL :)

LOL! I like my numbers as well. I'm reading a book called Mathematics and Sex. I may just post my findings on another thread. : )

Here's one:

Devendra Singh found men judged woman with waist to hip ratios close to 0.7 particularly attractive, usually in the range 0.68 to o.72. The ratio is calculated by dividing the waist measurement to the hip measurement. So Cameron Diaz according to http://www.babewarehouse.com has the measurements 34 23 32, has a hip to waist ratio of 23 divided by 32. =0.72, while Pamela Anderson with measurements 36 24 36 has a waist to hip ratio of 0.67. Since Cameron barely scrapes into the sexy range and Pamela is outside of it all together, they must not have the bodies to fit Devendra's study. Hhhhmmmm....??? lol!

I'm numbers person as well a bit like Rain Man.. and who says you can't have your PI and eat it forever and ever and ever :)

Peace

MG

;)

I heard that it was National pi day. First I thought they meant pie day. But no, pi, as in 3.1415

You know, you remember back to high school I am sure. Circumfrence divided by diameter = that constant of 3.14.

A handy little tool too.

Circumfrence of a circle=pi X diameter.

Area of a circle = pi X radius squared.

Volume of a cylinder = pi X radius squared X height

Did you ever wonder about what sort of a life a man would have if his spare time was spent in measuring the crircumfrence of circles and then the diameters and then thinking to divide the two together to get what turns out to be pi? And sometimes, I think I have no life!!!

Hey lets see. If I think back to some of my wonderful encounters with people here, and then just let that thought work its magic, grab that cloth tape measure,. Yes I can measure the circumfrence, and do a little calculation to get my diameter. Oh, can that be right? Not a very big number.

Have a good pi day all.