At one point when I was growing up our family had a cranky old orphaned when she was a kitten Tabby cat, 2 hamsters, a turtle, and a guinea pig. Fun times, there was always something to snuggle (except the turtle of course) after a lousy day at school!

Yeah, but turtles are really cool! Sounds like a great part of your childhood!

Ooooooh I had a turtle once! It was a wild turtle that was in our dugout (I grew up on a farm) One of our dogs had caught it and brought it up to the house. My dad decided to keep it because it was injured so off to the vet we went and that turtle is still in my parents basement. My dad always had a soft spot for animals which probably had a lot to do with how I am today. He was always finding injured animals and nursing them back to health, I'm sure the vet thought he was crazy!

On a farm that ran around 500 head of cattle all had names, most were shown and anyone could go out and pet them. I loved it and loved growing up with cattle, appaloosa horses, dobermans, german shepards and rotties. My parents taught me that animals can fill a need you have that's difficult to articulate and that you should always help someone or something in need.

Posted via Mobile Device