Agreed. Many of the "green" issues we have today (to the extent many actually exist, which is arguable) are a result of vast prosperity.

I'm in the "green" game and have been for more than 20 years. I've been in the middle dealing with politicians who see green as self serving, industry who don't want their bottom line effected but want to be seen as green, consumers who want the utmost in convenience and eco-groups whose clout comes and goes. It's been a huge eye opener in many ways. When the economy is roling green rises up the opinion polls, when the economy is suffering green falls of the radar screen... and whether it's legit or not..when's the last time you heard the word Kyoto??

I'm a pragmatic environmentalist and while some initiatives make a bunch of sense, some do not and are only corporate green washing. A product that touts it's greenness isn't always the most enviromentally superior choice like all the "pink" products promoting breast cancer awareness aren't always the healthiest choice.

Green was the new black.....now it seems it's the new beige...

Peace

MG

To think, people used to fix the things around the house that stopped working. Now it's off to the land fill.