Maritime Social - Moncton or Halifax

In which city would you most likely attend an Atlantic Social?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. In which city would you most likely attend an Atlantic Social?

• Halifax
    • Moncton

Guest **cely***r***ne

I am thrilled to announce that the very first Maritime Social will be held in Halifax by popular vote! I would like it to take place the last week of August.

Next on my to do list is where to hold the event! Please have patience with me as this is the first function I have organized! But fret not, it will be grand!

Let me know your thoughts on some of my ideas:

Door prizes and gift bags? (and something extra special for the ladies...but you will have to come to find out ;) )

Raffle? (50/50 draw?)

Auction?

Liquor?

I will be making phone calls tomorrow after I get settled in Saint John for different locations in Halifax to hold our social.

I suspect you would all feel most comfortable in a discreet location?

Please, any reply would be greatly appreciated!

I am thrilled to announce that the very first Maritime Social will be held in Halifax by popular vote! I would like it to take place the last week of August.

Any idea on which day of the week? I assume it will be a weekend evening/night but you know what happens when you assume...

Guest **cely***r***ne

Sometimes you may assume correctly Steve!

The event will be held on a Friday evening.

If I may make a few suggestions... When I organized the social with Angela last month, when I was looking for a location, I made sure it was discreet judging from the last few social I had attended. If you are going to draw a large crowd, look for a bar that has something like a private lounge upstairs on its own. At previous socials, too many other bar patrons were trying to get into the party and they soon found out the nature of it. They kept asking how they could get into the "brothel party". Not cool. The last party I hosted went off without a hitch mostly in part to the venue and the discretion it offered cerb members.

As for door prizes, Angela and I had a few contributors including male cerb members, SPs and MPs. The SPs and MAs each donated a session for the winner. Other generous cerb members donated a Spa gift card worth $100, La Senza gift card, LCBO gift card, etc. In all we had 3 or 4 prizes for the guys and the same amount for the ladies. I also subsidized gift bags for the ladies out of my own pocket but looking back, although they were nice, it was not absolutely necessary and decided against it for future parties.

The biggest hurdle you will have to overcome is to get the ladies to come. Repetitive advertising and also offering them an incentive will also help. Networking behind the scenes whether in chat orprivate communication is key to get the word out about your party with SPs.

Another thing is picking the right day. Most guys who have families are not able to get away on a Friday night which is why we hosted our parties on Thursday nights. However, this is different for everyone.

Angel, if you need any ideas for your party, feel free to PM me.

I am going to plan my trip around the social so keep me updated. I can stop in Halifax for a day or so.

Sometimes you may assume correctly Steve!

The event will be held on a Friday evening.

Great to know! So is the date Friday August 26?

Is there any news about this event. Wondering if this is still a go, planning a trip to Halifax later this summer and would schedule around it.

It's at my place right now Lexy. Come on over.

Just wondering if there is any new information or development for this social?

Guest **cely***r***ne

I want this to happen more than anything! I was having a hard time getting responses :( Also I think I may need some assistance in planning it. (any takers?)

I have a place in mind! After I hear back from them, I will make an announcement as to when and where the social will be held. Please have patience! I have never done this before and I never realized how much details needed to be worked out!