Interesting July factoid

Someone was telling me the other day about a rather interesting stat. Apparently the month of July this year has five each, Friday, Saturday, and Sundays. This hasn't happened in over 800 years.

Edited by Boomer

I'm confused ... what did i miss? Maybe it's to early for me to think..lol.. do most July's not have 3 full weekends?

Had a brain cramp

Sorry Emma, I made a mistake, and have edited the original post to five ( not three) Friday, Saturday, and Sundays in the month.

Guest tr*****e

Cool. I was also here for the turn of the millennium, which only happens every... um... millennium. But seriously, I didn't realize this didn't happen that often. I'll be sure to relay this to someone else today, too, because that's interesting!

Guest W***ledi*Time
Someone was telling me the other day about a rather interesting stat. Apparently the month of July this year has five each, Friday, Saturday, and Sundays. This hasn't happened in over 800 years.

This last happened 6 years ago, in 2005. It will happen next in 2016. (In the Gregorian calendar cycle, I think the longest possible gap between repeat occurrences of any specific monthly configuration like this ("July starting on a Friday", for example) is 11 years.)