TOFTT-Just Asking A Question Here

I keep reading in posts of guys seeing ladies because they are well recommended/reviewed, and not wanting to TOFTT

Personally, I see ladies because of a combination of factors, (their website/profile, posts, any emails/pm's and yes, I look at the photos too.) In short I see ladies because there is something about them that made me want to meet them. Yes, in some cases I do read reco's/reviews, but always in the back of my mind is ymmv/and chemistry, sometimes people click, sometimes they don't, and it isn't a deciding factor for me

Do guys have to have a lady to be well reviewed/recommended before they will see her, or do they go in with the attitude of they are TOFTT? Or do they plan an encounter with a lady simply because they are interested in meeting her?

Not starting an argument, starting a discussion, that's all

RG

i see girls i have chatted with ethier by email or in the chatroom i don't go by the reviews at all did that once was not good

I love treasure discovery LOL.

Most of the time I TOFTT. I always joke in my recommendations that I go where no man has gone before lol :-). I like new discoveries and unknowns. I love discovering treasures and make them known to help them and fellow cerbites. On occasions I also see someone highly recommended. But some of the time it is a TOFTT. I look into various sites and if I see a combination of pictures/descriptions/services that I love then I call whether or not she is recommended before but that is just me. When I call or most of the time exchange a few emails, I assess the risk factors (remember I take them in my own home as I am outcall only). I talk on the phone or in the emails asking a few questions in order to assess class, friendliness, honesty and discretion on her part and most of the time I go ahead with the date but not always.

Not sure I get the distinction. This is a review board.... So once one has determined that a provider is of interest (based on the criteria you mention), and that person has no reviews, then by definition, seeing them and writing a review is taking one for the team, no?

Not sure I get the distinction. This is a review board.... So once one has determined that a provider is of interest (based on the criteria you mention), and that person has no reviews, then by definition, seeing them and writing a review is taking one for the team, no?

Well for me I'm not taking it for some "team" I'm looking at meeting a lady that interests me, for me. Don't know if that is a question of semantics. But I see ladies for me, not for some "team"...hope that makes sense

RG

Must say I agree totally with RG. I enjoy seeing a lady that has caught my attention, whether it is her sexy post, humour, etc. I'll also check the reviews but that is too see if my initial impression is confirmed by others. I've also found myself sitting on the fence and going for it based on good experiences of others. But in the end, and most importantly to me, it starts with the impression the lady has made on me with her post.

In the past 1.5 years, I've gone from being "the new girl with no feedback" to a well-reviewed MA. Although many gentlemen tell me they specifically contacted me due to my good reviews, I had no trouble getting clients when I was brand spankin new. From this I will conclude that reviews are not as important as they may seem for getting clients, but they are good for the spirit and ego. :)

I believe that this subject is completely circumstantial.

In Megan's case, she wasn't having trouble before being well reviewed.

Off the top of my head, I can think of two specific women on CERB who I was initially curious to meet. It took me a matter of months to work up to meeting them, though.

There are a few factors involved in this:

1)They used to post outside of CERB before coming to CERB. (CL, DL, etc., etc..) and more than once there were claims about their services being dangerous and/or bait/switch.

2) One of them who later appeared on CERB had their account suspended for a short amount of time - this also didn't help.

3)Later on, both of these people had started receiving good reviews on CERB - and the one who was suspended now had a working account with good reviews!

The gentlemen of CERB who bravely "TOFTT" in cases like these are in fact doing a favor to all hobbyists by identfying these now known SPs as upstanding members of CERB.

I have only ever TOFTT once... I had a terrible experience (a lot worse than just lack of chemistry) and now refuse to see anyone who does not have at least one recommendation on CERB.

I believe we all agree with RG in the sense that when we're seeking an SP/MP's company, that we're looking for someone we'll enjoy our time with.

However, seeing someone who has recommendations is a provision of security that the SP/MP is legit.

Granted, security in a rendezvous with an SP/MP these days is FAR less risky since the naughty section of CL was taken down... that site attracted some of the lowest of the low (not talking about the nice CERB ladies who also posted there :) ).

My 2 cents.

Sorry if I hijacked.

I'd agree with Megan that business is never that hard to get without reviews. I've always preferred not to be -- although I can't really stop anyone who wants to. I think

My aversion comes from having run one of the early review boards in Canada, and fearing allegations of favoritism. Sure, it's long since no longer a concern, but that's the foot I got off on.

Still, I'm not entirely convinced that reviews help beyond a certain point. Is the SP as advertised? Does she deal fair and square? Is she a professional when it counts and never feels like a professional when it hinders? It seems to me that these are the important questions. But with respect to how well any two people click? I think it's always YMMV.

I would recommend that anyone reviewing or recommending an SP run it past her before posting. There's nothing to stop you from posting once you've heard her comments, but it may prevent you from making an error. Example: I once had a guy write a glowing review of me. Trouble was, he quoted my half hour rare for an hour. What happened here was he arrived very excited, and despite my efforts to slow him down, he finished rather quickly. (As in it probably took him longer to compose the review than we actually spent together.) Although he'd requested an hour, I only charged him my half hour rate.

I never found out that he'd reviewed me and misquoted my rates until later when someone accused me of jacking up my rates exorbitantly. When I explained my rates were on my site, he cited the rates in this other fellows review, and seemed to feel I had an obligation to honor them.

Obviously, things didn't work out for me and the second guy -- and I was able to get ahold of the reviewer and the review site and get the problem corrected. But it never would come to that if he'd just run his submission by me beforehand.

In the case of a really bad review, I can see where you might not to do this. But when posting a recommendation, perhaps consider it. It can save your SP some problems.

Guest W***ledi*Time

From the Cerb rules and welcome letter:

Guys, do not post rates of the ladies ...

Cerb Global Announcement:

Make sure you ask the provider for permission to recommend her ... Only the ladies and Agencies can post contact info and rates (any only their OWN rates and contact info and only in the announcements area ...

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/announcement.php?f=125&a=10