Saw a rather interesting ad on the the popular advertising site DL in the Ottawa section.

Bikini Car Wash for CHEO and for those who don't know CHEO is the Ottawa children's hospital. Looked at their site and they seem to indicate they'll do events throughout Ontario and parts of Quebec.

Honestly I'm not quite sure what to make of the promotion. Obviously it's a money making venture, only 30% of the donations going to the hospital charity. I also wonder how the recipients of the donations would feel about their having their name associated with it.

I would be interested to see comments about this kind of business venture, piggy backed on a local icon.

I agree with Boomer. Clearly this car wash event is a money making venture. They are going to be using CHEO's reputation in the community to attract clients. If they are proceeding without CHEO's consent, then I would agree that this is indeed an ignoble and tawdry affair.

However if CHEO is well aware of the event and that they gave their approval to use CHEO's name, then all the power to them. If it is the latter, then I hope that it is a successful affair.

I assure you that CHEO does not endorse this event. If you want to support cheo don't wash your car this week and give them ALL the money you would have spent , not just 30%.

While I'm sure CHEO is grateful for any and all donations, I'm know for a fact they don't appreciate this type of opportunistic venture that is riding on the coat tails of CHEOs good name and brand. I've worked on a number of 3rd party events for the CHEO foundation, any events endorsed and recognized by the foundation are listed on the cheo foundation website (google cheo foundation) and a legal binding document must be signed before using the cheo brand.

the bikini car wash site is cheap and full of grammatical and spelling errors, it's hardly professional. What a crock. If you read it closely you'll note that they are careful not to use the cheo name on the website it's self just the DL ad.

• Like 1