I remember our discussion from last summer but can't find the link.

Well there back!! Saw once lastnight and sprayed it's ass with raid. My kitchen(s) are spotless, no food left out ever and I don't know how or why they appear. If they think they're staying, guess again. I am on the attack.

These are one of the most annoying little buggers I have ever come across and I really and deeply hate them. I don't think I've ever hated anything more in my life than these "things". I want to call them something more vulgar but I won't, so bleep*bleep*bleep*bleep*bleep*bleep*bleep*bleep*bleep*bleep* little irritants.

One tip, clean your kitchen drains with draino. The drains sometimes get a buildup of food particles that attract the fruit flies. I had the same problem last year, and even after a thorough cleaning...still the fruit flies there.

Ran draino down the sink drains, no more fruit flies

Might just work for you too

Good luck

RG

Lexy, I believe this is the thread that you are referring to.

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32052&highlight=fruit

Thank you Steve.

Additional Comments:

One tip, clean your kitchen drains with draino. The drains sometimes get a buildup of food particles that attract the fruit flies. I had the same problem last year, and even after a thorough cleaning...still the fruit flies there.

Ran draino down the sink drains, no more fruit flies

Might just work for you too

Good luck

RG

Going to do that right now!! Thanks RG

You can also try catching them with a bowl full of vinegar. Place a sheet of saran wrap over top, and poke tiny holes in it with a fork. The fruit flies will be able to get in, but won't find their way out again. The perfect trap!

You can also try catching them with a bowl full of vinegar. Place a sheet of saran wrap over top, and poke tiny holes in it with a fork. The fruit flies will be able to get in, but won't find their way out again. The perfect trap!

I did that lastnight when I saw the first bugger.

I did that lastnight when I saw the first bugger.

I'm guessing that didn't work for you then. Strange, as I encountered a similar problem recently. For some reason, I have one lone fruit fly buzzing about my condo. It's always immaculate, so I have no clue where it came from, or why it keeps hanging around. Perhaps the flies are evolving into a highly intelligent strain that laugh at my feeble attempts to eliminate them. I think I'll just keep him as a pet...

• Like 1

I'm guessing that didn't work for you then. Strange, as I encountered a similar problem recently. For some reason, I have one lone fruit fly buzzing about my condo. It's always immaculate, so I have no clue where it came from, or why it keeps hanging around. Perhaps the flies are evolving into a highly intelligent strain that laugh at my feeble attempts to eliminate them. I think I'll just keep him as a pet...

It's working, I just don't want anymore to think they can come and stay without paying rent!!

I want to call them something more vulgar but I won't,

I too have a deep seeded loathing for all things insectile! Another reason I have a preference for winter....the creep crawlys go AWAY! :D

P.s Lexy.....you can get as vulgar as you like with me any time you please....I don't offend easily ;)

Posted via Mobile Device

I too have a deep seeded loathing for all things insectile! Another reason I have a preference for winter....the creep crawlys go AWAY! :D

P.s Lexy.....you can get as vulgar as you like with me any time you please....I don't offend easily ;)

Posted via Mobile Device

I think I showed them who's boss, haven't seen one since I went in to attack mode!!

Any insect this time of year is annoying especially fruit flies though I haven't seen any around. They do like moist things like dish rags laying around. And also look in your cupboards for rotting potatoes or onions. They will breed there as well. Also when you bring home bananas, wash them because fruit flies tend to hatch their eggs on them. Wash them with soap and water.

The one thing I'm battling right now are moths getting inside the house. I did have my orange fat cat chase around a moth until he killed it and ate it.lol.