Fatness and Rob Ford

:bigclap:Brava!

I agree. I, too, am dismayed by how often disagreements degenerate to this kind of mindless, thoughtless, derogatory attack. It serves no purpose. It tells no truth. Sure, Rob Ford is overweight. But his policies don't have any direct correlation to his weight. They're just, in my rarely-humble opinion, misguided, at best.

These put-downs always say a lot more about the person who utters them than they do about the one to whom they're directed. They show a lack of imagination, an inability to engage in responsible, respectful debate, and an insensitivity for others on the sidelines who may be affected. Mostly, I think, they show a chilling degree of self-hatred.

Just $0.02 from an uppity old whore! :icon_lol:

Guest E*******h S******s

Yep, this is what is called an ad hominem attack. People tend to attack the person rather than the issue. If your argument regarding an issue or position cannot stand without degenerating into a personal attack, then you've lost the argument.