How long do you wait?

On either side of it, how long to you wait past an agreed upon time before you peace out?

• Like 1

If it's close enough to the appointment time that I already left home I'd say 15 minutes. Most times that's happened to me I never heard back at all so there's no point in wasting my time. Usually if they are legitimately running late they will be very quick to text you back.

• Like 2

Lesson learned for me I guess.

I was excited to see this lady, and confirmed on the weekend. Then again last night.

All was good, and I fought traffic for an hour only to be ghosted at the appointment time.

I took the morning off, so I figured I'd just hang out for a while thinking maybe it was a time zone problem, since she's travelling. Nope. 

Not a single word.

• Sad 1

Just now, Haliintrovert said:

Can you tell us the lady was looking to see a travelling sp and am weary of the same thing happening 

Happy to in DM for anyone who wants to know.

• Like 1

This happened a lot to me when I first started out, two suggestions I would make:

1) Don't leave home until you have reconfirmed your appointment. Might be tricky to get a response at the exact time but at least try to get a response some time a few hours before.

2) Stick with booking same-day appointments, if the ad gets bumped you know they are working and looking for clients, so they probably won't ghost you. Unfortunately that means you have to be regularly checking if you want to see a specific provider which is annoying. 

Edited by DaveM2

1 hour ago, DaveM2 said:

This happened a lot to me when I first started out, two suggestions I would make:

1) Don't leave home until you have reconfirmed your appointment. Might be tricky to get a response at the exact time but at least try to get a response some time a few hours before.

2) Stick with booking same-day appointments, if the ad gets bumped you know they are working and looking for clients, so they probably won't ghost you. Unfortunately that means you have to be regularly checking if you want to see a specific provider which is annoying. 

Yeah, we confirmed twice, including the night before, where she said it was perfect for me to text her when I was there.

I gave an hour heads up, cause I anticipated traffic across the bridge, and didn't get a response, but it was early, so I didn't pay it any mind.

It's been like 4 hours since the scheduled date, and she still hasn't messaged to offer an explanation or apology either, so I don't know what's up.

I'd love to same day book, but a lot of ladies either don't do that, or the very in demand ones will fill their schedules.

(As I write this, I got a text saying she slept in)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Redcap said:

Happy to in DM for anyone who wants to know.

Yes please DM me......

18 hours ago, Redcap said:

Yeah, we confirmed twice, including the night before, where she said it was perfect for me to text her when I was there.

I gave an hour heads up, cause I anticipated traffic across the bridge, and didn't get a response, but it was early, so I didn't pay it any mind.

It's been like 4 hours since the scheduled date, and she still hasn't messaged to offer an explanation or apology either, so I don't know what's up.

I'd love to same day book, but a lot of ladies either don't do that, or the very in demand ones will fill their schedules.

(As I write this, I got a text saying she slept in)

sleeping in and missing work is Real professional 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BenDover said:

sleeping in and missing work is Real professional 

It happens to the best of people. We all make mistakes from time to time and after reading many of your posts you are no exception.

• Like 2