Because there's been simply too much negativity here lately

make_love_not_war_sexy_silhouette.gifpositivity-text.png

This song always makes me smile and feel great about life in general

And the Joey Ramone version also makes me smile, fittingly enough one of the last songs he ever recorded, or might even be the last one.

And because I think no matter our differences we all have this in common:

276549_246646828678921_1451281_n.jpg

• Like 3

Negativity (n) -characterized by habitual skepticism and a disagreeable tendency to deny or oppose or resist suggestions or commands.

While I do agree that the board has a tendency to ebb and flow like the tides, negativity may have positive outcomes. It's like civil disobedience. There are times when you have to stand up and say enough is enough. "I don't like (fill in the blank)."

Sometimes the effect is immediate. The corporate or community thought process is challenged because it was allowed to stagnate and the unacceptable becomes acceptable. When someones stands up and says "this is stupid/wrong/offensive" we all have a tendency of stepping forward to either defend the policy/rule/attitude or we change. Nothing wrong with that at all. Healthy, meaningful and open discussions are what we are all about.

I do understand your point though. It never just rains, it pours. We see protest affecting change and we step up on our own soap box to see if we can get our mandate or opinion expressed. It's like an exponential paradigm - everyone wants their theory tested and proven.

Back to your point. We do need positivity as an offset. It's the yin to the yang, the fig to the newton. You need it to make sure that we aren't all serious ALL THE TIME. Lighter threads are like having sex after a good fight; you can battle like cats and dogs but in the end, those same combatants can kiss and make up and be all the stronger.

So kudos to you my friend. I applaud your efforts.

But we are not having sex. With each other. EVER.

• Like 1

I got nothing against honest, good debates. I like to have my opinions challenged and be able to read opinions which differ from mine. That's what makes life interesting among other things. What I mean my "negativity" is some of the recent debates which stopped being debates and became arguments and immature personal attacks started coming into play and feelings were hurt and tempers flared. Their should be no such emotions from a "debate".

I got nothing against honest, good debates. I like to have my opinions challenged and be able to read opinions which differ from mine. That's what makes life interesting among other things. What I mean my "negativity" is some of the recent debates which stopped being debates and became arguments and immature personal attacks started coming into play and feelings were hurt and tempers flared. Their should be no such emotions from a "debate".

Do you remember my post entitled "when commenting on personal issues"?

It is silly to think that people can remove their feelings from debates, especially considering that some of the negativity that you're speaking of has come from threads about our work (sex work). Given how this sort of work is so stigmatized, it affects virtually all aspects of our lives and it therefore very personal to us. I would say the same thing goes for those of you on the other side. I think it's illogical to expect people to remove their personal feelings from debates, particularly when what is being debated is someone's lifestyle.

Make love not war, because condoms are less expensive then bombs..:D

Doesn't work that well in english but in French...

Faites l'amour pas la guerre, parce que les condoms coutent moins cher que les armes nucléaires

• Like 8

Make love not war, because condoms are less expensive then bombs..:D

Doesn't work that well in english but in French...

Faites l'amour pas la guerre, parce que les condoms coutent moins cher que les armes nucléaires

Props pretty lady for positively remaining positive about my pro-positivity thread! :D