Movies you want to see remade

Okay, a movie I would like to see remade is The Happy Hooker because I think a modern, updated version could be a more risque. And besides, I didn't care for Lynn Redgrave as Xavier Hollander.

Could you imagine Nicole Kidman and Halle Berry redoing this scene:

Nicole+Kidman+2.jpg

halle-berry-pic-swordfish.jpg

Mmmmmmmmmmmm yessssssssssss :grin

RG

I have been thinking... dangerous... yikes!

(1) The Shining - I know, I know it was Kubrick and he is a god of cinema. Problem was that it just didn't do it for me. It dragged, the cinematography was dull, and frankly I really didn't like Shelley Duvall as the wife. I think a new one could be truer to the book and there are a bunch of actors that would be more than willing to fill the roles.

(2) The Stand - It was a miniseries on TV when it came out, and frankly that just didn't do it justice. It is by far my favourite Stephen King novel and it deserves a treatment that commercial television could not achieve. I would love to see HBO do this over a season.

(3) Fantastic Voyage - That film in the 60's where a submarine was shrunken to microscopic proportions (with a medical crew inside) to save the life of a VIP. With all of the special effects so much more realistic today, this would be one of those incredible projects.

(4) The Black Hole - Disney's first foray into PG movies, it was actually pretty good... but after 30+ years it's dated.

(5) The Warriors - A great "little" film, with a bigger budget and a more talented cast it could have been amazing.

1. Dune (1984)

The original movie had lots that was great. but lots that was terrible. Two TV miniseries did the story justice, but without the glamorous sets and art direction (and budget) of the movie. I'd love to see a remake that was as lavish as the film, but as comprehensible as the miniseries.

2. Kiss Me Deadly (1955)

Film noir teeters on the edge of the modern age. Pulp detective Mike Hammer slugs his way, callous and hamfisted, through black-and-white Los Angeles of the 50s to find a mysterious, highly coveted, and DANGEROUS (!!!) little box. I've always loved this film and its nihilistic, almost apocalyptic ending. Some terrible acting in this low-budget movie, but lots that stuck out and you carry away with you afterward. I'd love to see this with a better budget and modern cinematography.

More to come later...

I have been thinking... dangerous... yikes!

(1) The Shining - I know, I know it was Kubrick and he is a god of cinema. Problem was that it just didn't do it for me. It dragged, the cinematography was dull, and frankly I really didn't like Shelley Duvall as the wife. I think a new one could be truer to the book and there are a bunch of actors that would be more than willing to fill the roles.

The Shining was remade in the late 90's as a tv mini series. Personally I wasn't crazy about it, but if you're looking for a more faithful adaptation of the novel than you may want to check it out http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi714342681/

The Final Countdown (1980) - A modern aircraft carrier is thrown back in time to 1941 near Hawaii, just hours before the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbour.

Forbidden Planet (1956) - When Adams and his crew are sent to investigate the silence from a planet inhabited by scientists, he finds all but two have died. Dr. Morbius and his daughter Altaira have somehow survived a hideous monster which roams the planet. Unknown to Adams, Morbius has made a discovery, and has no intention of sharing it (or his daughter!) with anyone.

Client Eastwood? Hmmmm a Freudian slip perhaps?

There's only one Dirty Harry as far as I am concerned.

Hahahah. i guess that was a Freudian slip as the dude is still considered sexy for an old guy.

Ohhhh... what about if they made Dirty Harry with a little twist??

a9340fc33c716f046d41fde1055686a8.jpg