Movies you want to see remade

Or Paint Your Wagon even worse

RG

and/or Hang 'em High! The Outlaw Josey Wales on the other hand is excellent!

As someone who is obviously a fan of the "Man with No Name" trilogy, I definitely agree that they shouldn't be remade, however, I've been enjoying Danger Mouse's new album Rome inspired by the Morricone spaghetti westerns. They brought together as many of the original musicians as they could for this album. I could see them using it for the soundtrack of a new spaghetti western as an homage to Morricone.

I have often wished that A Bridge Too Far was a better flick than it is, so on that note it would be great to see it re-done. One would think that a movie starring Sean Connery, Gene Hackman, Michael Caine, Elliott Gould amongst others would be better than it is.

I have often wished that A Bridge Too Far was a better flick than it is, so on that note it would be great to see it re-done. One would think that a movie starring Sean Connery, Gene Hackman, Michael Caine, Elliott Gould amongst others would be better than it is.

It lost it when one of the actors in it was John Ratzenberger aka Cliff from Cheers

14334.gif

RG

I can't believe they're doing a Footloose remake. It doesn't get better than Kevin Bacon!! You can't remake that!

Does anybody remember "The Last Starfighter." With today's technology and tweaking the story a little, it could be really kick-ass.

It lost it when one of the actors in it was John Ratzenberger aka Cliff from Cheers

RG

It's a little known fact (as Cliff Clavin would say) that he is in that movie.

Edited by S***ec*****s

Guest E*******h S******s
Wait Until Dark....loved Audrey Hepburn but how about Scarlet Johansen??

Ooooooo.....great movie!! Although I think I would choose Kate Beckinsale rather than Scarlet.

Another I wouldn't mind seeing is To Kill a Mockingbird.

You know what's too bad, there aren't any martial arts actors of the same calibre like Chuck Norris and Bruce Lee anymore. Yeah, the plots of those martial arts movies were pretty cheesy, but good fight scenes and simple plot of good versus evil and they were entertaining

RG

You know what's too bad, there aren't any martial arts actors of the same calibre like Chuck Norris and Bruce Lee anymore. Yeah, the plots of those martial arts movies were pretty cheesy, but good fight scenes and simple plot of good versus evil and they were entertaining

RG

Cant remember much of Bruce Lee's movies (but do remember him as Kato), but would like to see "Lone wolf McQuade" remade .....

14334.gif

RG

oooooh it get's better.... remember Cliff Clavin when he was a rebel in Star Wars???

Brenderlin.jpg

Ratzenberger also had scenes in the first 2 Superman movies. In the first one he's some military grunt, in the second one he's working for NASA.

Posted via Mobile Device

Gee, was Porky's that funny (and don't drink or eat anything while watching this clip)

or

Animal House

RG

Thanks RG, you are right, they weren't as funny as I remember. I must be getting old :)

What about "Fast Times at Ridgemount High" then?

They should do a remake of Dirty Harry and give Client Eastwood a cameo appearance in it.

However, there are some classics that can't be remade.

Remember all those John Hughes teen movies from the 80's? If someone were to remake those today, it would be a totally different type film because there is too much of a generation gap. Movies like "Pretty in Pink" or "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" would be pointless. These kinds of movies are etched in our minds in that timeframe and that's where I would like to keep them.

I think a classic movie that is timeless has a better chance of being remade into something that society can relate to in today's terms.

I have a few....

(1) Jason and the Argonauts With all due respect to the genius of Ray Harryhausen, this is a great old movie that just seems dated. Could also redo the Sinbads as well.....

(2) The Magic Sword - No, you have probably never heard of it. It's a 1960's fantasy flick about the quest to beat a sorcerer and save the damsel in distress from being fed to a dragon... but it has SO MUCH POTENTIAL with CG.

(3) The Roger Moore James Bonds. Loved Connery. Loved Brosnan. Liked Dalton. Liked Lazenby. Tolerated Craig. HATED MOORE.

(4) Battle of the Bulge - HUGE cast in the original but you can't believe that rural California is the Ardennes forest. With Band of Brothers you saw that it could be done... I would love to see this well made.

(5) The Dirty Dozen - I know the original was FANTASTIC but it is a film that could be remade every 20 or 30 years with a great new cast. Just sayin'

the new Planet of The Apes was pretty good. But I guess that's more of a prequel than a remake.

Posted via Mobile Device

It is a remake. It's based on one of the old sequels in the apes franchise

464028.1020.A.jpg

They should do a remake of Dirty Harry and give Client Eastwood a cameo appearance in it.

However, there are some classics that can't be remade.

Remember all those John Hughes teen movies from the 80's? If someone were to remake those today, it would be a totally different type film because there is too much of a generation gap. Movies like "Pretty in Pink" or "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" would be pointless. These kinds of movies are etched in our minds in that timeframe and that's where I would like to keep them.

I think a classic movie that is timeless has a better chance of being remade into something that society can relate to in today's terms.

Client Eastwood? Hmmmm a Freudian slip perhaps?

There's only one Dirty Harry as far as I am concerned.

Client Eastwood? Hmmmm a Freudian slip perhaps?

There's only one Dirty Harry as far as I am concerned.

And the difference between one and two Dirty Harry's can be damned important too

basicmathclintstyle.jpg

The only one that can carry off Dirty Harry's character with that sense of style is Clint Eastwood, IMHO

RG

Okay, a movie I would like to see remade is The Happy Hooker because I think a modern, updated version could be a more risque. And besides, I didn't care for Lynn Redgrave as Xavier Hollander.

Could you imagine Nicole Kidman and Halle Berry redoing this scene:

Okay, a movie I would like to see remade is The Happy Hooker because I think a modern, updated version could be a more risque. And besides, I didn't care for Lynn Redgrave as Xavier Hollander.

Could you imagine Nicole Kidman and Halle Berry redoing this scene:

I saw the sequel "The Happy Hooker goes to Washington" with Joey Heatherton in the role of Xaviera... and I wondered why they never cast her the first time. At 67 now, she is probably contemporary with Xaviera, but at the time she was a far better match to the look.

41qyvO5Vb%2BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

what about Christina Aguilera article-1053367-0290C67100000578-189_468x669.jpg

or Lindsay Lohan images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcYJ4ixHZoTnvF_pQltmzdgShkGtgKgeBZ11GppuhPiokDiBp5 in the role?