Your Favourite Food Nationality?

Probably not a very adventurous eater here. I do like hot spicy food, but I have this problem that even what most consider to be mild causes me to sweat - and I mean like soaked, so easy on the spices I am.

My strong preference remains with "Canadian". Great seafood and beef is hard to beat.

Probably not a very adventurous eater here. I do like hot spicy food, but I have this problem that even what most consider to be mild causes me to sweat - and I mean like soaked, so easy on the spices I am.

My strong preference remains with "Canadian". Great seafood and beef is hard to beat.

I think I've seen you on tv

RG

Too bad that is not considered Mexican food (you have to try it ) I was so happy there was a Mexican food lover here but I guess chances are not many if as far as I know no restaurant actually has the real thing. Oh well, still glad that someone likes the closest thing to it lol

I'm a big fan of Mexican food specially Nachos and Fajitas, other wise I like my meat steak and chicken in any way or form.

Southern... which is anything deep fried, smoked, slathered in butter or fat back, floating in gravy and last but not least covered in marshmallow with a sweet tea on the side.

cat

I love pussy - yum yum :wink:

I not sure if I have just one favorite, anything that has an interesting flavour has my vote. So many cultural delicacies. As long as it is fresh and inviting.

Is pizza a food group? lol

Otherwise....Indian, which btw, the "Tandori" place in Billings bridge....Awesome food!

Is that Curry in a Hurry? I hit the buffet at Moni Mahal every couple of weeks... good stuff!!! I think one of the best in Ottawa is Haveli in the market... higher prices but the food is amazing.

im a big fan of Mexican food one nice authentic place is in winnipeg called La Bamba but nothing beats home made !!

Hey Kaylee, where is La Bamba located?

I've heard of it but have no idea what part of the city it's in.

And as for favorite food nationality, I suppose Spanish at the moment, I've been really into Tapas lately.

Southern... which is anything deep fried, smoked, slathered in butter or fat back, floating in gravy and last but not least covered in marshmallow with a sweet tea on the side.

cat

Are you sure you aren't a Scot?? Deep fried everything.... hoot and och!!!! Here's a deep fired Mars bar for dessert (with ketchup for dipping!!)

Canadian

Steak and seafood

Nice juicy Ribeye steak on the BBQ - grain fed in Canada - not corn fed

Good east coast Lobster and Crab

Canadian grown potatoes sliced up and cooked on BBQ with onions and butter and spices

Sauteed canadian grown mushrooms

haha forgot the question.... ;) but I am hungry now

I love pussy - yum yum :wink:

I not sure if I have just one favorite, anything that has an interesting flavour has my vote. So many cultural delicacies. As long as it is fresh and inviting.

Whatsup, I don't think I've ever seen that delicacy on any menu! ;)

For me, my favourite would probably be Thai cuisine.

http://www.baanthairestaurantottawa.ca/

I am a cheese lover, especially goat cheese. Quebec really has an enormous number of very fine locally produced cheeses. Go shopping at Jean-Talon Market. Chevre Noir is one of my all-time favorites -- a cheddar-like intense goat cheese. Yum!

Italian, Indian, Thai, Vietnamese, Chinese, WHATEVER.

I love them all. Mmm fooooood.

You said it!

I also have a love for all food in general so it's hard to say, lol. If I had to narrow it down to one, it would definitely be Thai food.

Go figure, lol!! Mine is Thai too, but only when you are the main course.

Sweet and spicy with a hint of sassy and my chopstick loves to stir up your menu.

Hmm, been a while since I have had a little Thai treat. Will you allow me to have a five course meal at your white tablecloth dinery?:icon_biggrin:

• Like 1

Anything authentic. When someone tries to pass off quick made foods at tradition/authentic, it's disapointing.

• Like 1

Definitely Ukrainian.. man, talk about comfort food.. perogies, cabbage rolls, keilbasa, real borscht...

Sadly, we've experienced a major cultural tragedy earlier this year with the closing of Alycia's Restaurant on Cathedral Ave. in Wpg.. ..flags were at half-mast all over the city...